DC-17m for Republic Commandos

The sniper attachment is ready for the paint-job.

First I separated the two parts of Talons sniper attachment.

yxzzckyf.jpg

Subsequently, a spacer was glued between the two parts.

h3dp85cz.jpg

I sanded the flanged socket round, added and repaired a few contours, and the notch is there, too. With the wood grain, this can be seen unfortunately bad.

a9vhfzv2.jpg

The two interior rooms (chamber for the control board and the connectors) are prepared and resealed.

jwgieafb.jpg

Both chambers are connected by two narrow channels for the data cables.

For the bracket, which goes to the eyepiece of the Blaster chassis, I used the 3D information of the game. An Aluminum strip was bent in the form like in the game. On the inside were glued some ABS-pieces (2.0 mm thickness) and ABS-strips (0.5 mm thick).

p8ie5ry7.jpg

The muzzle brake is made of 2 mm ABS and the muzzle is made of alu/resin.

ed235dfb.jpg

Today I made the sniper attachment for the painting. I put it on my little small seat as a tripod.

s9qmqcuz.jpg

The 8-mm aluminum side tube is held by three PVC guides.

Last edited:
Wow. Lovely. The only part of all that really hard-looking work I find even comprehensible is the electronics, and that looks really, really tough. Would love to hear more about the latter, of course == what chip, what fab house (if any), etc....

that is an incredible weapon, really make me want to attempt a build with electronics. does anyone have an example of a weapon with very simple electronics that they would recommend for a beginner? Again great looking build

that is an incredible weapon, really make me want to attempt a build with electronics. does anyone have an example of a weapon with very simple electronics that they would recommend for a beginner? Again great looking build
For beginners: like my DC-15S (http://www.ligon.de/images/blaster_detail.jpg and http://www.ligon.de/images/501_Blaster.jpg) or Woodchucks DC-17m.

The Sniper-Armor-Attachment is done!!

For the lenses I've made two acrylic glass holders. The front lens is a concave lens.
The rear lens is a convex lens. The magnifier factor is four.

9sg6wyuv.jpg

The artwork looks like this:

ne9jlnav.jpg

Here is my replica:

qh2qohxk.jpg

Mass of the attachment: 880 g
Length of the rifle with attachment: 40 1/2 inch

Here the fourth video clip: Part 4 - DC17m - Sniper Mode: YouTube - Part 4 - DC-17m - Sniper Mode

Last edited:
My Dc-17m have a new home:

b5izekth.jpg

All together (Dc-17m + suitcase) have a mass of about 13 kg.
Fortunately, the suitcase has wheels.

Last edited:
ghyaaaaaa o_O -drools and stares- Amazinggggggggg.

This has been one of the most amazing builds to follow in my 3 years on prop/costume boards.

Just amazing... WOW!!!
Can someone help me with the measures of the DC-17 pistols of the Captain REX???
I need some info, drawings or blueprints... I been searching for a weeks and don´t find nothing.
Help will be so appreciate!!!
Regards from Barcelona....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back