Darth vader force fx lightsaber faded chrome parts

fr33d0m

Good day. I am new to this forum. Can i ask whoever is an expert regarding my problem. The chorme part on the bottom of the hilt of my darth vader force fx lightsaber faded and showed the yellow plastic underneath. Is there a way to remove this part so i could repaint it? Thank you so much for any intelligent input and insights.

Attachments

• IMG_20210609_123710.jpg
    IMG_20210609_123710.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
As i can see, i guess there are 2 pins that hold the part in place. I see this inside the hilt where you put the batteries. Please help. So i could repaint that part. Thank you so much.

I wish it was real metal (stainless or aluminum) so there is no problem about fading color (chrome). Has anyone encountered this problem? Thank you for any input.

The two pins are mounted under the rubber grips. You'll need to pry up those two grips to access them. Work gently as you'll want to keep those grips.
I'm not sure if they're screws or pins, but if they're screws, that should expose the heads. If they're pins they'll need to be either punched into the hilt, or out from the inside.

Thats about as helpful as I can be, as I haven't removed this part on mine.

Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate your feedback. That was so helpful. Now the problem is, how am i going to pry thoae grips carefully? Are they held in place by glue? What proper way or tool to use in prying them? Thank you so much.

The two pins are mounted under the rubber grips. You'll need to pry up those two grips to access them. Work gently as you'll want to keep those grips.
I'm not sure if they're screws or pins, but if they're screws, that should expose the heads. If they're pins they'll need to be either punched into the hilt, or out from the inside.

Thats about as helpful as I can be, as I haven't removed this part on mine.
Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate your feedback. That was so helpful. Now the problem is, how am i going to pry thoae grips carefully? Are they held in place by glue? What proper way or tool to use in prying them? Thank you so much.

Oh ok sir. I dont want to damage anything. But the faded chrome really annoys me. What other method can i do to restore them? Any suggestions sir?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back