dark knight costume for halloween

Thanks for the comments and advice guys. It keeps me going. I'm relatively new to all this so the advice is all useful for me. I do find, though, that living in England puts me at a slight disadvantage as far as materials go. So I find myself having to work around that. Will keep you all updated with the build as it grows. I can't wait til halloween now! There's gonna be a 5'5" dark knight stalking the shadows of the nearest tavern!

http://www.therpf.com/f24/batman-batgirl-budget-build-pic-heavy-126746/ here's my old batman build thread maybe you might want to incorporate some of the things i've done, its a budget build so a lot of the stuff is a bit wonky.

Dude, I saw this build over on brotherhood of the bat. I'd already made BASIC gauntlets and then... Then I saw yours. 3 words; A. Maze. Ing! Inspired me there and then to do some better ones. In process of that now. Great work.
Eci
I was thinking of using that anti slip mat stuff too but decided on some fancy dress chain mail fabric body suit cos of the metallic look of it. Trying to find a supplier atm. But if I can't I can always fall back on your technique.

I made my cowl in the same way as yours with duct tape and a plastic bag but I sed wall filler for the details and smoothed a layer over all but the back. It keeps cracking though when I put it on. Think I'm gonna resin over it. Did yours crack at all with the plumbers putty?

Dude, I saw this build over on brotherhood of the bat. I'd already made BASIC gauntlets and then... Then I saw yours. 3 words; A. Maze. Ing! Inspired me there and then to do some better ones. In process of that now. Great work.
Eci
I was thinking of using that anti slip mat stuff too but decided on some fancy dress chain mail fabric body suit cos of the metallic look of it. Trying to find a supplier atm. But if I can't I can always fall back on your technique.

I made my cowl in the same way as yours with duct tape and a plastic bag but I sed wall filler for the details and smoothed a layer over all but the back. It keeps cracking though when I put it on. Think I'm gonna resin over it. Did yours crack at all with the plumbers putty?

bro, i put plumbers putty only for the brow ,cheek ,eye and nose details. its held up pretty well over time, no cracks whatsoever, maybe because there is enough flexibility left because a big part of my cowl is still only duct tape with pva and paint. someday i might remake mine again. but not until i'm done with my current budget build vader, :), with regards to the undersuit, there is a material i've seen hereabouts ( used for making motocross gear) that i might try to source and have done one of these days, looks real close to the actual thing. good luck with your build. keep everyone posted.:thumbsup

379519_10150342572695814_1377827263_n.jpg

Used the good ol' papier mache balloon technique for the shoulder bells. Will reinforce with duct tape before resining and plasti dipping.

Upper body armour almost all constructed. Started on neck armour and looking for some shin guards to do vambraces. I'm really happy with it so far.
Side armour isn't attatched as yet. Will be doing that directly to suit.
First pic shows everything so far.
Second shows armour on.
Third shows how the armour moves with me.

I feel like I have made some american football shoulder pads! The chest and abdominal armour attatches to shoulders with velcro.
I think I should by shares in the velcro company I'm using that much!!

Opinions, advice and criticisms all welcome but please make it constructive!!:facepalm

So, I was having trouble with the neck armour. Have gone through at least four different renditions of it. I believe I have solved the problem now though. Will post pics later on to show how I did it eventually.

So, I was having trouble with the neck armour. Have gone through at least four different renditions of it. I believe I have solved the problem now though. Will post pics later on to show how I did it eventually.

theres a template for the neck armour over at "the cave" which i found after i've done mine so one day i will use that template to remake my neck armour ( i believe posted by spidey4fun). cant wait for your progress pics update:)

theres a template for the neck armour over at "the cave" which i found after i've done mine so one day i will use that template to remake my neck armour ( i believe posted by spidey4fun). cant wait for your progress pics update:)

Could you share said template or link to it? I don't know what the cave is.

So. I've been having some problems with the neck armour. I still am doing but I think I have come up with a way around it for now.
I have decided to make it in 2 seperate pieces. 1 piece is is attatched to the shoulders and the other velcros on to the front of it.
Opinions, criticisms?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back