DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

Re: DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep File Development

Great to see you back at it Df, just in time for the start of the good weather too, here in the UK at least. :)

I mentioned before that the *last* thing I need to do is start another IM suit, but I'm going to be all over this once I finish my robo MkVI build. That might be years from now, but it's gonna happen. :lol

Thanks for getting back to this project...your work is absolutely fantastic. :)

Hi DF, let me first say thank you. im building my own mark 3 and using all of your files. GREAT work!! i signed up to the form to ask a favor. when you make the calf part of the armor could you please include the hinge from the calf that connects to the thigh part and could you please add the corresponding hinge mating surface to the thigh part? for me what will make the leg is when the leg is straighted and the knee locks in perfectly into the opening in the thigh piece. im not sure if im asking a lot with this but hope you can throw that in. Thanks again!

I just got back from a week in Hawaii. I should be releasing the calf for unfolding later this week.

Well the calves are essentially done. I've got a couple of tiny adjustments to make and I'll upload the files either tomorrow or Saturday. Here's a couple shots of what they're looking like.

ironarmormay12.jpg

ironarmormay12b.jpg

FANTASTIC !!!!! You do some of the BEST work I've ever seen. Definitely in my top three. I wish I had the skill and patience to do it.

well this sux now im going to have to make this suit when i finely get off my butt and finish my mkIV

It looks amazing!! Was there no way to include the hinge into the design? I'll take it either way I was just wondering

Wow,....that is the most gorgeous back design I've seen, beautiful work man!

It looks amazing!! Was there no way to include the hinge into the design?

Next you'll be wanting him to make the suit for you :lol only joking :love I can't wait for these DF you're doing the world a sterling service :love

It looks amazing!! Was there no way to include the hinge into the design? I'll take it either way I was just wondering

the hinge for what exactly? the Calf?

why don't you use just cut the calf off and hinge it on your own?

isn't that the same thing?

the hinge for what exactly? the Calf?

why don't you use just cut the calf off and hinge it on your own?

isn't that the same thing?

I actually totally forgot about the hinge from the calf to the thigh lol!

I cleaned up a few things, added hinges to the back and front bottom calf things, added some support for the pieces so that they should separate properly if you want to build it that way. Here's some pictures of how I imagined pieces moving.

ironarmormay13a.jpg

ironarmormay13b.jpg

ironarmormay13c.jpg

More importantly though what everybody has been waiting for. I've separated the raw pieces into two files. These still need to be unfolded.

The first file contains all the pieces that have a single component
IronCalf1_raw.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

The second file contains all the pieces which will need to be mirrored, this way when they're unfolded the file can just be mirrored and we don't have to unfold the pieces twice.
IronCalf2_raw.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Also a little fun photo, something I've been putting together in my spare time, and no I won't be releasing the files right now. I might release them after the build is totally finished. The dog tags were something the whole Captain America team got. I can't wait for everyone to play the game it really turned out great, such a blast to work on.
caprebirth.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back