D23 Indy and Short-round

I've always loved Temple of Doom. It was only in the last decade that I became aware that fans were very mixed on Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi. I always thought each installment of each trilogy was equally loved.

I think both trilogies are brilliant and if I feel this way at 41 I seriously doubt my opinion is going to change now. Lol

I've always loved Temple of Doom. It was only in the last decade that I became aware that fans were very mixed on Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi. I always thought each installment of each trilogy was equally loved.
My favorites growing up were always Temple and Jedi. I went through a period where I convinced myself that I ought to prefer Raiders and Empire, but I've come back around. Sure they're flawed, but if if I could only watch one of each trilogy again, those would be my picks.

I always loved that too. The look on his face when the headlight from the mining cart reveals him waiting in the shadows.... it's the stuff of legend. Temple of Doom gets a lot of unnecessary hate. I love that movie.
In 2020, a local theater near me was pulling out older films to keep afloat, which was the best summer I could have asked for in terms of seeing movies. Practically empty theater, matinee prices, and dozens of older movies I’d never have gotten the chance to see on the big screen otherwise. It was in the theater that Temple of Doom really grew on me. I think seeing it on a grander scale, with less chance for distraction, really let me more fully appreciate it.

I just love how risky and dark TOD is. As much as I love Raiders, the follow up was so wildly different and embraced the tropes of its pulp roots so expertly that I think it really deserves more credit than it often gets.

Like Jedi, the writer in me is objective enough now to acknowledge the flaws, but I think they're so minimal that I can happily overlook them. Indiana himself pulls off some of his most badass moves in that film.

I mean who honestly doesn't think the ending on the bridge isn't one of the ballsiest, most climactic adventure movie endings of all time? Even to this day it's still an adrenaline rush when I watch it.

I just love how risky and dark TOD is. As much as I love Raiders, the follow up was so wildly different and embraced the tropes of its pulp roots so expertly that I think it really deserves more credit than it often gets.

Like Jedi, the writer in me is objective enough now to acknowledge the flaws, but I think they're so minimal that I can happily overlook them. Indiana himself pulls off some of his most badass moves in that film.

I mean who honestly doesn't think the ending on the bridge isn't one of the ballsiest, most climactic adventure movie endings of all time? Even to this day it's still an adrenaline rush when I watch it.
Not to mention it shows the sheer guts Indy has; he'd rather take his chances with maybe hanging onto the bridge than Mola Ram recapturing them (or worse).

After the fridge was nuked, I think the appreciation for TOD increased for most people.
I need to do a pic of Fonzie in his shorts talking to Indy sitting in his fridge :p

Speaking of TOD, guess what I got today?

20220917_204026.jpg

This was made in a limited run by our very own Egon. Far more accurate and better made than those Khyber knife stainless steel pieces that were labeled as Indiana Jones Props. This is made of aluminum, wood, and brass.

D23 trailer…

Merriam-Webster Dictionary: MAGIC (noun) mag·ic | \ ˈma-jik \
^ Indiana Jones ^

1: the use of means believed to have supernatural power over natural forces
2: an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source
3: the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand
4: apparently something else

no magic to see here.jpg

It's more in the audio, but at the very end when they all pull their guns on him, seconds before you can hear him crack his whip a few times to deter them and he says something along the lines of "Get back!" Then they pull out their guns. Just like with Crystal Skull in the warehouse and him swinging and missing the first truck. His whipwork used to be badass and part of what made me fall in love with Raiders. One small gag isn't going to ruin the movie. It's a just a nitpick for me.

I hope this one delivers for you and for those who are anticipating it.

It's more in the audio, but at the very end when they all pull their guns on him, seconds before you can hear him crack his whip a few times to deter them and he says something along the lines of "Get back!" Then they pull out their guns. Just like with Crystal Skull in the warehouse and him swinging and missing the first truck. His whipwork used to be badass and part of what made me fall in love with Raiders. One small gag isn't going to ruin the movie. It's a just a nitpick for me.

I hope this one delivers for you and for those who are anticipating it.
Agreed; removing competency from someone just as a "gag" only serves to undercut a character.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back