D&D 5e Kobold Rogue - Build thread

halrhyrr

So I've finally moved past the planning stage for this project and as such, I figured I'd start a build thread on here. I'm doing more regular updates on my instagram but I love posting here too, the community is great.
Anyway, first things first, meet Del!
DelBoth.png

This cheeky boy is my character in my current 5e campaign, and the art was done by @thistledownfluff on Instagram. I've been wanting to do a creature build for a while and this was the perfect opportunity! I've got a lot of plans for various bits but I'll talk about those when I actually get to doing them, rather than rambling a bunch now.
----=====----
The first part of my planning involved doing a sketch of all the various bits overlaid onto my body.
bodyfull.PNG

This gave me a good idea of where the various mechanisms and muscle suit parts would sit, as well as the scale for everything. I'm doing the legs and head slightly bigger than would be proportional for a humanoid of my size to give the illusion of being a smaller kobold rather than a regular size human haha.

I then got started on all my patterning and mockups.
I used a 3D model of the head that thistledownfluff made, and used Fusion 360 to make it low poly before making it in Pepakura and working out the hinge and elastic setup with card to allow the jaw to move. It sits snugly and comfortably on my head.
head2.PNG
head1.PNG
head3.PNG
IMG_20190814_211030.jpg
IMG_20190817_212144_447.jpg

I also bought all my fabrics, leathers, faux leathers, and fleece for the skin. I'm going to be doing a similar thing that SKS props did for his orc, fleece covered in 407 mask latex, but I'm going to be adding the extra step of laser cut EVA foam scales, which I will be cutting later today, stay tuned. I've cut a couple as a test but by the end of today I'll hopefully have about 1600 scales.
IMG_20190824_173833_027.jpg
IMG_20190824_173833_031.jpg
IMG_20190824_173833_028.jpg

I also figured out the tail with cardboard and duct tape but I don't have any pics of it right now.

Attachments

• head2.PNG
    head2.PNG
    227.9 KB · Views: 636
looks great so far
i have been wanting to do a cosplay of my dragonborn fighter Ferrus for a while now
so ill be watching the development of this build closely :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back