Cyclops Sunglasses - X-men Apocalypse

Rusty85 where did you get your lens made?

- - - Updated - - -

I bought my ray bans and am trying to find a place to buy

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in doing the astonishing ish visor from the end of the movie? I really liked that and I dont see anyone doing it. I might try it myself, if so would it be alright to post it on this thread? I know it was started for the RayBans but there are no other X Men:A Cyclops threads.

Alright, so I took a few pictures of the new lenses, with me wearing them and a couple on my phrenology head. Turned out great!

IMG_3260_zpsozbcr8tz.jpg

IMG_3285_zps2bg4hjkr.jpg

IMG_3278_zpsyab0skfm.jpg

IMG_3276_zps0nxgryws.jpg
May I ask how you got these lenses to be so perfectly red? I’ve ordered an expensive pair of Red Mirrored customized Ray Bans off the official website and they came in looking okay but sadly the lenses have a weird purple tint. No matter where I go online to look for red lenses it’s either some gradient of red and orange or red and purple. I would really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• ABB41AE9-F624-47FE-86A6-E846C4999249.jpeg
    ABB41AE9-F624-47FE-86A6-E846C4999249.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 185
They don't sell them anywhere in the same hue of the films, mainly because red isn't the most pleasant color to look through for long periods of time. There's a lab ten minutes from me that makes mine. After years and years of trying to find the same ones I was able to figure out how to get the correct coatings for the film look. For whatever reason they can't make a solid red mirror without the red/orange/purplish reflection. The only way is to have an actual solid red lens.

They don't sell them anywhere in the same hue of the films, mainly because red isn't the most pleasant color to look through for long periods of time. There's a lab ten minutes from me that makes mine. After years and years of trying to find the same ones I was able to figure out how to get the correct coatings for the film look. For whatever reason they can't make a solid red mirror without the red/orange/purplish reflection. The only way is to have an actual solid red lens.
May I ask what kind of lab this is and if maybe I can find one near me? I have a con coming up in July, my first con I’ve ever been too and I was hoping to go as Cyclops and was very displeased with the quality of my lenses when they came especially after the money I put into them.

It's just an onsite lab at the local optical shop. It's privately owned and they ship their lenses out to be coated. Just ask around to local places and tell them you need three things: A CR-39 lens or Trivex (better quality but more expensive), an Anti-reflective coating on the inside and outside of the lens, a solid silver mirror on the inside of the lens, and for the lens itself to be dyed as red as they possibly can.

It's just an onsite lab at the local optical shop. It's privately owned and they ship their lenses out to be coated. Just ask around to local places and tell them you need three things: A CR-39 lens or Trivex (better quality but more expensive), an Anti-reflective coating on the inside and outside of the lens, a solid silver mirror on the inside of the lens, and for the lens itself to be dyed as red as they possibly can.
How much did this cost you?

I believe 160 per pair, but that was probably 5-7 years ago.
So I've looked around to optician labs near me and no one is able to dye my glasses sadly. To no avail. I know this is gonna be out of left field, but is there any way you're willing to sell your pair of glasses? You can name your price, I'm just tired of running around looking for places at this point lol.

I actually sold them already unfortunately. I believe they went for around $250 : (

I do have a pair of Juliets with those lenses still, but no Ray Bans.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back