X-Men: Apocalypse- Cyclops glasses

robertvalko

Hi, after I saw this movie " X-Men: Apocalipsys" I fell in love with this new Cyclops glasses, so I decided to try to make them )
Here is my "Not original RayBan", but I don't care, the form is the same, so I bought the fake one to make a prototype, mb after I'll use the original RayBan)
2b1ef61a-5925-4c63-8be9-83cbfc2c6f92.jpg2ad3ca81-d351-4fa9-b121-9d44eb09ac48.jpg
You can buy the case here :)
https://www.shapeways.com/product/W8VMFB3SY/cyclops-visor-rayban-case?optionId=63060498

Last edited:
I actually just put my pair down from working on them, I am using a blue sheet of plastic and heating it up and model gluing them, IDK if you just like the shades or the actual pinkish blue framed goggle version which is the one I am making.

I actually just put my pair down from working on them, I am using a blue sheet of plastic and heating it up and model gluing them, IDK if you just like the shades or the actual pinkish blue framed goggle version which is the one I am making.

I thought about that, but I prefer to make a model and print it :lol
Can you show me your version?

I thought about that, but I prefer to make a model and print it :lol
Can you show me your version?
. Yes, turns out using testors model glue on the type of plastic I am using does not work, they fell apart when I put them on, as soon as I get some resin from the store I will share you some pictures for sure ! ;) Cole

Also, I re-read your post and realized, unless you can 3d print the sides and top and have it snap or cradle into place. I would definitely not recommend using real ray-bans unless you are wearing them without the greeblies. I was doing some research, and some of the stunt glasses used were just cheap, you know….. given out at grocery stores or party city 99cent store quality ray ban look alines that they used for the film. ( BTW which is the route I am taking with some VONS black sunglasses and I just acetoned the logo off ). I was thinking you know a kit that you buy the shades and snap on the pink sides and top and the side ( Conform a seal around the frame, as the sides curve into the front like googles,

lightened.jpg……..plus. to be historically accurate the 80s ray bans did not have the logo on the side like the ones now, and the ones in the film were modern rather than original to the time period the movie as based in.

Also, I re-read your post and realized, unless you can 3d print the sides and top and have it snap or cradle into place. I would definitely not recommend using real ray-bans unless you are wearing them without the greeblies. I was doing some research, and some of the stunt glasses used were just cheap, you know….. given out at grocery stores or party city 99cent store quality ray ban look alines that they used for the film. ( BTW which is the route I am taking with some VONS black sunglasses and I just acetoned the logo off ). I was thinking you know a kit that you buy the shades and snap on the pink sides and top and the side ( Conform a seal around the frame, as the sides curve into the front like googles,

View attachment 631147……..plus. to be historically accurate the 80s ray bans did not have the logo on the side like the ones now, and the ones in the film were modern rather than original to the time period the movie as based in.

Im not using the original one now, as I mentioned before in my post)
yeah, it was really strange :lol

View attachment 631147……..plus. to be historically accurate the 80s ray bans did not have the logo on the side like the ones now, and the ones in the film were modern rather than original to the time period the movie as based in.

Any link to where you read that about the stunt glasses? I have a pair identical to the movie ones minus the blinders, the lenses are great though! They're in the other thread on this pair of glasses.

Im not using the original one now, as I mentioned before in my post)
yeah, it was really strange :lol
oh, sorry I misunderstood you I thought you were just going to make the greeblie side covers not the actual glasses and for you rusty I read it on a forum on Bing , yes Bing ( funny thing is was that I used Bing for the first time for research on a pinball machine, and I looked up Ray ban cyclops glasses) I did not save the link so sorry, ;(it was some Asian forum I'll try to find it

Yeah, why not? If someone wants, I'll make it

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about share..because I saw some companies stealing and selling them, but I'll sell to people, who wants it
Cool how much would you sell it for also would we be able to do something like we send you are pair of shades and you can make it for the pair

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back