Cyberpunk Pistol

helix_3

Hello all, I thought I'd post my weekend project.

Cyberpunk (before)

100_1730.jpg

(after)

100_1754.jpg

100_1756.jpg

The grit that got under the paint will be out little secret

100_1757.jpg

I did a sloppy job of sealing up where the tank was, but I couldn't get any sculpey... I'll redo that part when I get the chance.

So what do you guys think?

too bright for steampunk. :p color the whiteish grey parts with copper or brass paint. also, make the molding on the handle that looks like a leather wrap, well uh... leather colored. and the little screw nubs, color those brass too to look like screws. add some silver scratches on the black parts to make it worn looking. also make the red part leather colored also, like its a secondary grip. kinda like its got a shotgun's strength, and you're pushing down on the barrel so it doesnt rise.

i'd add a little color variation on the black parts that look like separate pieces, like coloring them brass.

really the black part on the back end that looks like vents should be a color that shows good exhaust residue.

I agree. I like this piece. I like the tubes up the back and such. But Brimstone's right. Color's are wrong for Steampunk. This piece could go that way tho with the right colors. Or add some chrome paint, and i can see a nice MIB gun as well. Especially with that barrell. What is that btw?

i think it looks to clean. its a very worn, broken cobbled together world. like steam, but future themed. its a good start. it needs weathering where different colors meet, rather than go for rust, go for scratches, actually gouge a few places on it.

i would have kept the pump action too.

you might want to take a dusting to the black and red part. or change the red part to a shiny silver, then wash it with black. it would look great on the black part dusted with silver paint.

I think it's perfectly cyberpunk - reminds me of the 90s vision of the future from the RPG particularly. The contours give it a slightly-organic look that wouldn't have worked near as well with steampunk, I think.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Especially with that barrell. What is that btw?

It's the reflective housing for LEDs from a dollar store flashlight.

i think it looks to clean.... it needs weathering ...actually gouge a few places on it.

I would disagree that it has to be worn, but I still think weathering it would look good. How would you suggest scratching the paint though? The only technique I know it to wipe or dab it when it's wet. Also I could wrap electrical tape to make a grip, but I'd need to finish the paint first.

use a knife or dremel to gouge it.

if you feel it doesnt need weathering, a dusting of silver over the black part of the gun would make it more convincing. the crispness of these colors still make it look like a toy, and some silver and other sorts of weathering(detailing not so much weathering itself) would help.

I'm diggin' it. Would be especially cool if there was an electric effect in those tubes with firing it.

Thanks! I could rig up a dollar store flashlight's LEDs to shine up the tubes; the trigger still works and there's plenty of room on the inside. I'll do that after my next trip to the store. I was also thinking putting liquid in there would be awesome, but I don't have the caps for the tubes...

As for themanwoaname's call for detailing, I think I'd like using my copper model paint to accent the circular parts (like on the handle)... Maybe even make some tiny wire looking things. I don't know if the paints (krylon+ metal model paint) will mix though; I'll do a test sample after I post this message.

Thanks! I could rig up a dollar store flashlight's LEDs to shine up the tubes; the trigger still works and there's plenty of room on the inside. I'll do that after my next trip to the store. I was also thinking putting liquid in there would be awesome, but I don't have the caps for the tubes...

Cool! I'll look out for thread updates.

oh, my bad. didnt notice the cyberpunk thing. lol

well then, i still hold true to the fact that each piece of the gun needs some individual coloring of its own, such as bolts and the like. also the exhaust vents i still hold to. maybe add silver where i mentioned brass. you could make the grip wrapping silver with the little dots as red, making it seem like a gun that requires a certain fingerprint scan to use it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back