Custom Tusk Bio

Do you think you could have killed anything bigger? ;) Tusky's looking awesome, Munson, Loving that paint-up out in the sun, it really gives it a whole new look. Nice touch BTW adding in a broken tusk in addition to having a whole one, too. I don't know if it was broken in the movie, but I like how one's broken like that. Keep it up, man, do us PA Hunters proud.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm still working on the broken tusk though, I want it too look more like it was broken. It looks too much like a clean cut.

i know what you mean munson . should be fairly straight forward if your using something like sand paper and a craft knife to kind of have a scrape about .

i look forward to seeing what youve been up to

After looking at the way my Flusher bio was painted, and looking at others I decided to repaint the entire bio. I've received a lot of help on how to paint it up and what paits to use from ptgreek, Predhuntr, and PeacefulWarrior-thanks guys!!! I still used Krylon Black as the main base, because I still wanted to somewhat have a black bio. The other colors I used are acrylic bright red, crimson, ancient gold, and black. I used Predhuntr's sponge technique as well. I first laid down some bright red in some spots. I followed this by using crimson red [which I added a little bit of black to it to make it a little darker]. I laid down some ancient gold over the red/crimson and in scattered spots as well. I then used a little bit of bright red over the gold and in scattered spots as well. I then used some black [very little] over the red. After all that I added some more ancient gold and then some red, then crimson after that.

There are some spots where I need some advice, and they are the scars and the organic areas inside the circles. I want them to be different then just black, to me it just doesn't look right. After posting the pics, I noticed some other areas that I want to lighted up in the hopes of adding some depth to it.

I somewhat still consider this my first ever paint up, just the second version of it. But enough of the chitter chatter and on to the pics:

tuskypaintup21.png

tuskypaintup22.jpg

tuskypaintup23.jpg

tuskypaintup24.jpg

tuskypaintup25.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome.

haha, I just noticed that the two blacks I used are different. The krylon black keeps more of the bright black look after it dries and the acrylic black dries to more of a dull looking black. The sun popped out and it actually looks pretty good that way. I don't know if you can see it in the pic though.

WOW!!! ..look at that ...see, that was fun want it? Man ..seriously, you did a great job with that. A thought about the cheeks....darken up some gold and drop it into the holes ..kinda like that was the base metal of the Bio ...not sure how it will look, but if it doesnt work you can always re-paint ..honestly I kinda even like it as it stands ..

again ..way to go!

I really liked your initial paint scheme concept, but the this latest one is soooooo much better! Maybe it's me, but it looks "more real". Way to go! Don't suppose you took any progress shots as you created that beast?

Very cool Doug. For the damage on it, maybe drybrush some gold in there? Like George said with the cheek holes, as if that is the original base color of the bio?

Thanks for the complements guys, I really appreciate it. Before I started on it, I played around on some cardboard for a while until I got the feel and look of how I wanted it. It actually only took me less then two hours to paint it up. I was really worried that I over did it, but now that I look at it more and compare it to my first attempt, I am much happier with this one.

Okami--thanks for the pic, it's a great source of ideas for the tusks because I have to do something to alter them. Originally I was going to take a lighter to it and burn it to give it that burnt look, but I'll see where it goes.

Darth Pinhead--Sorry man but I didn't take any progress shots. All I did was do what I wrote above. Credit is due to ptgreek and Predhuntr for giving me the info on how to paint it up.

Hez, ptgreek--thanks for the ideas/tips on the scars and other area.

Now I want to paint up some more... lol

Better job on the 2nd time around. Looks a lot better, but this is just me but I would add just a little more color on the right side of the bio, where the scars are not at. Add Just a little More of the orange copper color you used, just to balance it out. But that's just me. but ether way nice job so far...

Better job on the 2nd time around. Looks a lot better, but this is just me but I would add just a little more color on the right side of the bio, where the scars are not at. Add Just a little More of the orange copper color you used, just to balance it out. But that's just me. but ether way nice job so far...

I disagree. I like the randomness of the color on one side. ....but that's just me

Wow the lair guys are kicking out some wicked bio paint ups of late. and this is another awesome twist to a bio.

congrats dude, it looks wicked.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back