Custom, hardware, Sonic Screwdriver

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I've been asked to make some props for an upcoming independent film. "hint, hint"
This is the first up to bat. I was told to make it reminicent of the Baker/McGanns screwdriver, but not a copy. I was pretty much given liberty aside from that. What do you guys think?

[attachmentid=7679][attachmentid=7680]

Originally posted by kdawg1@Apr 18 2006, 05:49 AM
That is sweet, is that all copper water pipe? If so could you show a how to that would be neat to have .
[snapback]1228214[/snapback]​

Thanks. Yes, It's copper fittings all cut and super glued. Took about 45 minutes to make. Maybe I'll do another and make a tutorial.

Nice.

I've been thinking about doing one similar to this in polished EMT conduit to get the classic silver look, but the copper is pretty cool.

What did you use for the head?

What did you use for the head?

A coupling cut to the right size with my dremel. The "bullet" was the end of a riser? that was cut off at length. A hole drilled into it with a 1/8th inch rod through it and the head ring. The 'bullet' was a bit bigger than I wanted it to be, but when you're scratchbuilding on a budget....

Man a tutorial on this would be aweome. i always wanted t o make my own version of this, never really wanted 100% accurate. just would be cool to have something "recognizable" from the show

inspired by this thread i built my self a custom ss
from bits i found in my kit box
what do ya think

ss.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shuktuki @ Apr 23 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1231591[/snapback]</div>
nice ss bobataff
just curious are you a real taff
because i am from gwent
[/b]

hi small world eint it

i lived in phillipstown new tredegar untill i was 16

then army few years and now living and working in krautland germany

and what part of gwent boyo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BOBATAFF @ Apr 23 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]1231580[/snapback]</div>
well i think you got us all at it

here my kit

the acrilyic tube lights up on the one

STA60009.jpg

jay
[/b]

Nice. Are those actual bullets that you're using for the "bullet" in the head?

i am in the middle of another
this time a modern take on the old ss with a touch of the new
if it works out i will post pics

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back