Custom Diaclone Great Robot Base/ Dia Colossus from Titans Return Metroplex

So there are these platforms the smaller set of turrets attach to for use with the real GRB toy, specifically they sit in the deck elevators of the aircraft carrier the lower half turns into.
20240507_121651.jpg

I want to use the platform, but couldn't come up with where to put them, or how to attach, as I am trying to keep Diaclone Reboot's modular system in mind. Then I had an idea.

The large tirrets are intended to attach to these fold away platforms that on the real ship lock onto the sides of the lower legs.
20240507_121659.jpg

The peg they attach to is in a slot to move back and forth. I suddenly realized I might be able to take those platforms apart and glue that peg right onto GRBPLEX, allowing me to use the other platforms and keeping them removable.

So I did.
20240507_092836.jpg

Now I can slap the other platforms on, and reuse what used to be the main guns.
20240507_092852.jpg

Or swap out for the turret fighters.
20240507_093251.jpg

And I also decided the turret fighters should normally be in the large launch bay in the chest. I had Diatrain in there, but it now is in the right leg, where there is the working elevator I rigged (the deck photos from the first picture dump). I had to rip put a sled that held Diatrain in the large bay, and added magnet stickers to the floor. The I took small magnets from a small robot toy...
20240507_105402.jpg

And glued them to the turret fighters with CA. I had to put them as far back on the belly as I could so rhe canopy can still open.
20240507_105407.jpg

And so now they sit in the bay beautifully, and won't jostle about inside when messing with GRBPLEX.
20240507_105416.jpg

At some point in the next 2 or so months I plan on the next and probably final big mod, the new knees. They are 3d printed from Shapeways and designed to be stronger than the original knees and also not reverse bend like the originals, which can bend in either direction, which has caused near disaster for me many times when moving or transforming this thing.

Attachments

• 20240507_093242.jpg
    20240507_093242.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
So there are these platforms the smaller set of turrets attach to for use with the real GRB toy, specifically they sit in the deck elevators of the aircraft carrier the lower half turns into.View attachment 1817967

I want to use the platform, but couldn't come up with where to put them, or how to attach, as I am trying to keep Diaclone Reboot's modular system in mind. Then I had an idea.

The large tirrets are intended to attach to these fold away platforms that on the real ship lock onto the sides of the lower legs.View attachment 1817966

The peg they attach to is in a slot to move back and forth. I suddenly realized I might be able to take those platforms apart and glue that peg right onto GRBPLEX, allowing me to use the other platforms and keeping them removable.

So I did.View attachment 1817959

Now I can slap the other platforms on, and reuse what used to be the main guns.View attachment 1817960

Or swap out for the turret fighters.View attachment 1817962

And I also decided the turret fighters should normally be in the large launch bay in the chest. I had Diatrain in there, but it now is in the right leg, where there is the working elevator I rigged (the deck photos from the first picture dump). I had to rip put a sled that held Diatrain in the large bay, and added magnet stickers to the floor. The I took small magnets from a small robot toy...View attachment 1817963

And glued them to the turret fighters with CA. I had to put them as far back on the belly as I could so rhe canopy can still open.View attachment 1817964

And so now they sit in the bay beautifully, and won't jostle about inside when messing with GRBPLEX.View attachment 1817965
At some point in the next 2 or so months I plan on the next and probably final big mod, the new knees. They are 3d printed from Shapeways and designed to be stronger than the original knees and also not reverse bend like the originals, which can bend in either direction, which has caused near disaster for me many times when moving or transforming this thing.
Nice job with the turrets!! Pretty inventive, and they look great!

Nice job with the turrets!! Pretty inventive, and they look great!
Thanks! They worked just as I had hoped.

I have to credit a friend from Tfw2005.com, RoadCaesar, with the idea for the magnets. We were talking this morning about what I am doing, and he suggested trying to use tiny magnets. I forgot about the little robot guys I have at the time, but not long after we talked I remembered them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back