Enabot EBO SE / Air Little Robot

PicasoX

Sr Member
I ran across a little robot that has autonomous functions, which was what interested me about the Spherro BB8. Its called the EBO SE, which is basically a little robot on wheels that has a 1080P camera, it uses a dock like a roomba vacuum and it can be controlled remotely by you phone and it has autonomous play and patrol functions where is will come out by it self to play or run preset patrol patterns at timed intervals, then return to its dock to recharge all on its own. This was being advertised as a cat toy to keep your pet entertained when you are away from home. The thing is supposed to come out and play by it self and it even talks.

They were also advertising it as a security device because you control it remotely, drive it around your house using use camera to survey, record videos or still photos and it has 2 way audio. You can also set it to activate automatically from its dock when it sees motion and alert you by text and show you video.

They also toted it as a way you can keep an eye on your kids, or loved elder ones remotely. You have to watch the video to see this silly part of the add.

They are coming out with the Ebo Air which has even more AI functions like pet and facial recognition, obstacle avoidance and fall avoidance to keep it from going down stairs. Supposedly it can recognize your pet and come out to play with it autonomously. It will also have brushless motors for more silent and efficient use.

It uses little tracks, instead of wheels so it works on short carpet, It will always automatically right itself if it falls over. It can make it down stairs safely but it cannot get back up.

I saw one video where the guy was complaining that you can' turn it off and it was coming out to play at night and waking him up.

Here is one specifically about the SE model

This was the only one I could find currently, I found it on Amazon for $120 but there was a 40% off coupon, so I thought It would be worth a try. I do want to get the EBO Air when it comes out, it looks like they are going to be about $190.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Actually I found the EBO Air for pre-order now on Indiegogo $147 shipped

I figured I'd order one of those too, keep the boxes and just sell the one I don't want to keep.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back