Custom Designed TK/TB Carrying Case Project

Sometimes I have to do events without my wife (also a 501st member). It wouldn't be wise to have something I couldn't lift into/out of my SUV by myself. I've got to plan for all contingencies. ;)

I'd like to have my own entourage to help me, though. :D

Mr. Bojangles, oh, wow. That Golf Case is sweet. Gives me ideas.

Thanks Jeff.

The biggest thing to consider when designing (or shopping for) a storage bin for armor is to ensure that it not only holds all the armor safely, but will actually fit in your mode of transportation. I scratch built a really nice replica of the "scanning crew" box from ANH, fit all my armor inside and everything...only to learn it wouldn't fit in my trunk, through the back doors or anywhere else in my car...now I use rubbermaid modded a little to look like a scanning crew case.

Also you guys need to keep in mind. If you're flying with your armor, there is a specific legal size to be considered. Otherwise airlines will charge you extra.

:)

Originally posted by Predatormv@Jan 21 2006, 04:31 PM
I saw at a place here in orlando called skycraft a box that I had planned to use for my Fett that would have been perfect.
[snapback]1164712[/snapback]​

Skycraft has a ton of cases in. Just picked one up yesterday. :)

Wheels. What ever you use, it must have wheels.

Both Rubbermaid and Sterilite make a tote with wheels, but Stanley makes a contractors mobile work box in 24 gal, and 50 gallon capacity. I couldn't find a picture of the 50 gallon version, but I did find this one

box_2.jpg

It is heavy duty, and not even the worst baggage handler could damage it. It has a handle that extends for pulling, and lockable lid. I also like that it has a deep lid and I can store my gun and other items there to be accessable when I open the lid.

I use the Stanley 50 Gallon Mobile Job Chest. I can fit two set's of armor plus more. This thing is huge. It's also tough as nails. I have flown with it, but keep in mind you will have to pay extra and it will need to be hand inspected. It's to big to be x-ray'd. They also offer it in a 24 gallon size. See the website for details.

165805_4.jpg

Originally posted by Lord_Gita@Jan 30 2006, 01:00 AM
Ok, dinner was one thing, but you guys going to Skycraft without me was uncalled for.
[snapback]1171315[/snapback]​

Sorry, I will call next time.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back