Custom Batsuit project

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by STARL0RD, May 25, 2015.

1. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

Hi all! Lately I have been getting a Batman cosplay project itch and so I decided that it was a good time to start working on this project, I decided to go with a custom because it just almost makes me feel more in character at conventions. I am kind of going for a semi armor build a lot like the Arkham Knight design with a bit of the Greg Capullo New 52 design. Color wise I am going with a base of a semi dark grey with the black cowl gloves, boots, ext.. Started to grab some reference and I am currently building the Jim Lee cowl off of a pepakura file that I recently obtained. I will start drawing up some designs soon!
    batmansuit0311-610b.jpg batman-vs-superman-batsuit.jpeg ben-affleck-coloured-picture-of-batsuit-for-batman-vs-superman-final-version.jpg batdcdstat39-w1000.jpg BATMAN.PNG
    10554178_1085653818131729_1928405002_n.jpg

harrisonp likes this.
  2. harrisonp

harrisonp Well-Known Member

I totally agree with what you said about custom characters, almost a "There are many Batsuits but this one is mine" situation. I think I may have downloaded that same Jim Lee cowl file recently to be my first pep project, so I'm interested in watching that come together as well. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

3. OneGoodScare

OneGoodScare Active Member

The charm of custom costumes is undeniable. This is gonna be cool, i'll stay tuned

4. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

Thanks guys! Glad i'm not the only one who feels that way about custom cosplays

5. LegacyArmory

LegacyArmory Active Member

Custom is the way to go, it gives you endless ideas and combinations from how we would portray Batman. Subscribed, good luck with it.

6. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

Thanks bro!

7. Athanasius

Athanasius Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Subscribed, I LOVE custom Batsuits haha, can't wait to see where you go with it Starlord!

You're already off to a great start with those reference images though!

8. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

Thank you!

just modified the pepakura mask and I have to say it looks pretty good, next I have to make the mask out of craftfoam and plasti dip the living daylights out of it

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

9. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

just took some pictures of the built anf assembled pep templates....planning on making it out of foam tonight

harrisonp likes this.
  10. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

Sorry, I totally forgot to post the pictures of the template, well better late than never
    SSPX01821.jpg
    Looking good so far I think!

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    harrisonp likes this.
  11. STARL0RD

STARL0RD Active Member

So I got the cowl made out of craft foam, and I also made my custom insignia (also craft foam)
    SSPX01831.jpg SSPX01841.jpg SSPX01851.jpg SSPX01861.jpg

harrisonp likes this.