Custom 7inch Pred WIPS: Anytime Pred (X2), City Hunter, Berserker, and Broken Tusk

jinzin

Hey guys... I've been stalking this site for a while and logged in for a couple weeks but haven't posted anything here of real merit.
Well here goes...

Here's my attempts at making some custom preds.

The first Anytime Pred is a simple head swap, where I took a Mc.Farlane Bloody pred head and reworked it for the neca figure. I also used some leftover fodder for the hair.... I may have to sculpt some new hair from that material Sorrow described in his chopper thread.

The second anytime is just a new sculpt over the classic face after I removed his mandibles. This I think is the 3rd version of the face that I ended up with and the one that I was most satisfied after sculpting.

The City Hunter's easily the most traumatizing custom here.. I made him using parts from 2 Mc Farlane City Hunters using them for parts, armor and limbs on the Classic Pred body... Due to the construction of the joints on the Neca figure, ANY superglue that gets caught in the elbows or knees permanently locks the joint instantly... which makes it hard to work around so I had to soften the figure remove the limbs, drill out the peg holders for the joint areas and replace them with my own so that I could begin attaching the City Hunter forearms and legs.... Pain in the balls. The crotch had to be cut down and sanded to make way for the City Hunter loin cloths. The left arm had to be cut/sanded down and resculpted for skin texture without the netting, while the right arm had to have netting added onto it.... so did the lower waist area for that matter... which I did using a thick black thread and super glue. I dug out the claws from his wrist gauntlet and replaced them with the Neca claws. The head was a Mcfarlane head that's been built up... Again I think I need to sculpt new dreads for him... and elongate the bottem part of his lower mandibles. His right hand is removeable and interchangeable with the hand sculpted to hold his throwing disk. The helmet.... well..... IS A DISASTER... This is my 2nd attempt to sculpt CH's helmet and it wasn't until I finished that I realized I completely FKKked it up. It's too big (even for a pred), the eyes are too wide... it just doesn't look right... but I figured I'd show you guys before I tore this sculpt apart and started over again.

Mr. Black is just a Neca Mr. Black who has a new face sculpt, (I don't like the jaw section of the Neca design and I think it has a pug nose honestly) beefed up lats so he doesn't look so hungry and he's got a longer set of legs so he can actually stand half a head or so taller than Classic Pred, like the Hot Toys version.

Cracked tusk is just a WWE wrestler figure undergoing mass sculpt work... I imagine he'll be heavy as hell when I finish him..... might have to resculpt his face though... not quite sure how I feel about it yet.

I'll try to keep you guys posted with progress on these things in this thread and make them individual threads when they're finished if that's okay.

Please let me know what you think; questions? comments? rude remarks? Let me know and thanks for stopping by.
Anytime 1
1019548.th.jpg

1019550.th.jpg

Anytime 2
1019551.th.jpg

1019553.th.jpg

1019554.th.jpg

1019555.th.jpg

1019557.th.jpg

City Hunter (AGGHHHH STUPID HELMET HEAD!)
1019561.th.jpg

1019562.th.jpg

1019563.th.jpg

1019565.th.jpg

1019569.th.jpg

1019569.th.jpg

1019573.th.jpg

1019575.th.jpg

1019577.th.jpg

Mr. Black
1019578.th.jpg

1019578.th.jpg

1019580.th.jpg

1019582.th.jpg

1019585.th.jpg

1019588.th.jpg

1019591.th.jpg

1019593.th.jpg

1019594.th.jpg

Broken Tusk
1019595.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holly molly! jinzin my friend you are the custom master. 1miiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllliiiiiiiioooooooooonnnnnnn thumbs up. what you use for sculpting?

Holly molly! jinzin my friend you are the custom master. 1miiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllliiiiiiiioooooooooonnnnnnn thumbs up. what you use for sculpting?

lol Thanks guys. I know there's still a lot of work to be done though... Hopefully paint will enhance them...

Also I forgot to answer your question in the PM. I elongated Berserker's legs by cutting the lower half of the thighs in half and then supergluing plastic sections of leg I had on hand from another figure I butchered. Then i just sculpted over it and beefed up the inside of his thighs... since well... the neca design makes his legs look meek IMO.

you got good talent dude! nice custom specially on the mask of P1 and the improvement on berserker! the mask and the height It's more movie accurate now.. will be waiting for updates too! nice to see a lot of customizers are focusing now in 7"...

you got good talent dude! nice custom specially on the mask of P1 and the improvement on berserker! the mask and the height It's more movie accurate now.. will be waiting for updates too! nice to see a lot of customizers are focusing now in 7"...

Thanks dude. I'll try to update these as often as I make decent progress... we'll see how it goes.

You've got awesome sculpting skills. I especially love the Anytime 2 and City Hunter bio sculpts; the shape and proportions are spot on.

The sculpted Berserker bio looks great and a lot more aggressive than the original. But in all honesty, I think the jawbone is a tad too large and forward-jutting. Just my opinion though.

Awesome stuff, keep it up!

Hi there! Man Im so eager to see the finish products. :D every time I see this I just drool.

Lol! Thanks man, I dunno I think I'll try to finish these soon... I guess.... :\

After seeing Neca's toyfare I'm almost too discouraged to continue. :)

how did u manage to make berserker taller?
All I did was make a cut through the middle of his thigh where it was the widest/thickest straight across.
Then I used a couple of similarly sized plastic chunks and glued them in between the insicions (When I'm extending limbs I like using smaller limbs from old action figures and just cut chunks out of them like a log or something) then just used Aves apoxy sculpt to sculpt over those parts trying to get the sculpt as close to the original legs as I could get.

Hope that made sense... did it?

Lol! Thanks man, I dunno I think I'll try to finish these soon... I guess.... :\

After seeing Neca's toyfare I'm almost too discouraged to continue. :)

Oh c'mon man, that's what separates us customisers from the toy manufacturers. We put our own identity and vision in our creations. However good the mass produce toys are, the customs will always be an original and one in a million. Your creations rock JINZIN! So keep it up and keep your head up. :D

I LIKE IT BUT I THINK YOUR CITY HUNTER DOESNT HAVE THE RIGHT FACIAL DETAIL. IT LOOOKS LIKE AN ORIGINAL DESIGN BTW THATS A COMPLIMENT

I gotta agree. It's strange, I spent all this time trying to make it look as accurate as I could get, and it came out looking..... like that. o_O

Oh well.

@ Sorrow,: K, I guess I'll complete these things then. Thanks for the kind words... after my next fight on the 14th I'll get back at it with the customs and hopefully complete them.

I gotta agree. It's strange, I spent all this time trying to make it look as accurate as I could get, and it came out looking..... like that. o_O

Oh well.

@ Sorrow,: K, I guess I'll complete these things then. Thanks for the kind words... after my next fight on the 14th I'll get back at it with the customs and hopefully complete them.
I don't know who you are, where you come from or who your fights with. But somewhere somehow you became my friend. So go and beat the living daylights out of him. Hehe... Just kidding. GOODLUCK Bro!. By the way I can see so much potential in these figures.

I don't know who you are, where you come from or who your fights with. But somewhere somehow you became my friend. So go and beat the living daylights out of him. Hehe... Just kidding. GOODLUCK Bro!. By the way I can see so much potential in these figures.
Lol thank you. I'm glad to report total success. It was a really fun fight.

I'll be working as much as I can to bring these to completion. I think I'll be starting a facebook page for all my customs to report progress on them and such as well if anyone here is interested.

FINALLY have some updates to show. I'm scrapping the Broken Tusk, but going to redo the concept using a Neca body for a base as I have several of them lying around. In his place I've made a Dark Horse Predator #1 comic cover homage pred. I re-sculpted both heads for the City Hunter pred and I think they're both more accurate and better looking. I'm not sure if I like my custom sculpted bio for Anytime is all that great anymore. Not sure if I should use another head instead. Hmmmmmm....

First we have some of the WIP paint pics featuring Berserker and Dark Horse 1 as I'm calling him lol.
DSCN6600.jpg
DSCN6602.jpg
DSCN6604.jpg
DSCN6612.jpg

Here's Dark Horse 1. He still needs touch ups and his skull staff, but he's getting close.
DSCN6620.jpg
DSCN6627.jpg

Berserker Pred minus armor, plasma cannon, and loin cloth. 
DSCN6628.jpg
DSCN6632.jpg
DSCN6635.jpg
DSCN6641.jpg
DSCN6642.jpg

City Hunter minus touch-ups, plasma cannon, quills, accessories, and wrist blades.
DSCN6645.jpg
DSCN6650.jpg
DSCN6655.jpg
DSCN6661.jpg

Anytime minus touch-ups and plasma cannon and quills. I've included the "lazy eye" he appeared to have when he first took his mask off.
DSCN6664.jpg
DSCN6666.jpg
DSCN6669.jpg
DSCN6676.jpg
DSCN6679.jpg
DSCN6686.jpg

DSCN6698.jpg

Nice work all round, especially the paintwork on Berserker and Anytime. I lol'd when I saw his lazy eye.

I know it's a comic book homage, but I'm not a fan of the blue armour (same goes with Big Red) as it seems too bright to me, and stands out far too much compared to the preds with metallic armour. Perhaps several washes to tone the colour down to suggest rust/dirt and weathering to show the bare metal underneath? Especially on the edges of his armour plates.

Personally I prefer my preds weather beaten, rustic and earthy, and your other three have that in spades/ Keep it up!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back