Curious looking Blade Runner Blaster

Noeland

Master Member
I'm sure some of you saw this. It's ended now, so I really would like to discuss this with the boards. It strikes me as an odd looking blaster, not just for the fact that it only has one trigger, but the shape of the trigger, and the contour above, both look very wrogn to me. The placement of the sight rod is off, and the grip looks way too thin.

Does anyone know where this gun may have come from it is not authentic? Or if it is, was there a blaster on set with this kind of toy gun looking trigger? With a light that came on over the BARREL??

Here is someof the verbage from the auction.

PROP GUN USED IN THE MOVIE BLADE RUNNER 1982 A LADD COMPANY PRODUCTION USED IN THE FUTURISTIC FILM. INCLUDING ACTORS SUCH AS HARRISON FORD, SEAN YOUNG, M EMMET WALSH, DIRECTED BY RIDLEY SCOTT.

COMES WITH GUARANTEE CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY FROM WALT DISNEY ATTRACTIONS, INC. SIGNED BY MERCHANDISE.

PROP GUN COMES AS SEEN ENCLOSED IN ACRYLIC CONTAINER, WITH SILVER ENGRAVED DESCRIPTION STAND AND CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Apr-05-06 at 09:04:31 PDT, seller added the following information:

As seen in the picture of the point of the gun facing you, when you pull the trigger a red light comes on from the top part of the barrel. The prop gun is heavy but doesn't not appear to be primarily made out of metal rather a very heavy plastic

Due to the request of some potential bidders the following is the wording on the Guarantee of Authenticity in the pictures above:

This is to certify that the items(s) described above has been examined, and it is the opinion of WALT DISNEY ATTRACTIONS, INC. that this item is authentic.

if, at any time, this item is proven to be other than as represented, WALT DISNE ATTRACTIONS, INC. will offer an immediate refund of the purchase price, which shall be purchaser's sole remedy of claim. 

Signed by Disney Attractions Merchandise

I'm not sure what the whole "As seen in the picture of the point of the gun facing you, when you pull the trigger a red light comes on from the top part of the barrel." is all about, never saw this in any of the pics. Which are below.

39_1.jpg

aa_1.jpg

Njc--------------------------

Dam I hope he would pull it, I told him it was one of my first models and that it WAS NOT OFF the set.

Bugger.

How much did he sucker in?

Rich

Originally posted by racprops@Apr 9 2006, 06:41 PM
Dam I hope he would pull it, I told him it was one of my first models and that it WAS NOT OFF the set.

Bugger.

How much did he sucker in?

Rich
[snapback]1223243[/snapback]​

I was pretty sure it was yours, almost Pm'd you.

That is why I really hate when this seller puts stuff up for auction. There is no way that came out of a Disney prop archive. Where does this guy get his stuff?

Originally posted by racprops@Apr 9 2006, 07:45 PM
Any way to tell/warn the buyer?

Rich
[snapback]1223313[/snapback]​

i emailed the winner. hopefully he didn't pay the seller yet but we'll see what happens.

I hope so it was not that great a model, it did once have two triggers, the rear was power on adn the front fired the gun, in early versions only a light in the barrel is a slightly later one sound and light.

If he needs info feel free to send him to me at racprops@cox.net

Rich

Damn, I was afraid of that. I even surfed over to Adam Savage's website to compare and noticed it was not the same. I emailed the seller as well. So this guy is a crook then? Man, I hate to see this. So the refund offer is probably BS.

Njc----------------------

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back