Cthulhu Idol Build

Man, I just saw this thread and WOW!!! As i was reading i was worried that you had made your casting run already and would be sold out, but I may be in luck...

I did have some food for thought for you though... Have you thought about going bigger with it as a product? I'm thinking you could throw this up on kickstarter and get the funding you need to go into full production. Go to some Gaming Conventions like GenCon and Comic Conventions and be able to sell the product at a booth. Kickstarter could get you the funding you need to work with a company to produce smaller versions, some that may be cast in mixed glass, mixed resin, or mixed poly (like dice) even bronze casts... I'm not saying this little guy will make you a millionaire, but thanks to companies like Fantasy Flight Games releasing games like Arkham Horror, Mansion of Madness, Cthulhu Dice, and Call of Cthulhu deck building game, and Cthulhu becoming popular on T-Shirts these days, Lovecraft is reaching a wider audience and your work will be in high demand...

You've got a great thing going, and I'm probably not the only one here that would back your kickstarter if you started one... You could put up a limited numbered and signed casting run just for the kickstarters as well as lithographs of your concept art... I think you could really pull it off and you are close enough to completion now that this would be the perfect time to kickstart it.

See, I think a deep royal blue would look pretty cool for the felt color.

Paint came out awesome on that one btw.

Chris

See, I think a deep royal blue would look pretty cool for the felt color.

Paint came out awesome on that one btw.

Chris

I have to agree here, upon hearing the suggestion of a deep blue, that it would set off the display nicely without being overly distracting. Plus, blue gives a touch of extra class. And that sculpt looks great. Thanks for all the recent updates.

I just found this thread, and dreaded that I was late by a year. But it turns out I've got time! This is probably my favorite build thread so far.

I saw these pictures of resin made to look like jade and immediately thought of this thread.
0253a3dcf79f11e1b62722000a1e8b36_7.jpg e2ca8458f8c611e1a62d1231380fd04a_7.jpg

Yeah, I looked into that a while back. You can get some really nice results but it can also be pretty random too and result i n some funky castings.

Since this was my first resin project I thought I'd try to keep the techniques simple. Maybe down the road though.

You really are a talented guy Nick! All that amazing & detailed research, the drawing, box art, sculpting & mould making...Superb!!
I'm looking forward to your experiments with mixing colours in with the resin, I reckon you could have some real fun with that :) :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back