Creating DV Rotj Lightsaber Parts

I don't see it. I can see they're close...that latest pic shows that piece up against the shroud. Where it's next to the shroud is where one of the cylindrical pieces would go on the ROTJ. Unless part of it is chopped off on the barbican, it doesn't quite match up because there are areas in front of each cylindrical part on the ROTJ.

Whatever it is, it's definitely the same piece on the barbican as the ROTJ MOM... but with the top 3/4 cut off, and part of one end.

One day that thing will show up... SOMEONE knows what it is.

You need to find some 60 year old British electrician who'll just go "ayup... that's a so and so from a whatsit"

I don't see it. I can see they're close...that latest pic shows that piece up against the shroud. Where it's next to the shroud is where one of the cylindrical pieces would go on the ROTJ. Unless part of it is chopped off on the barbican, it doesn't quite match up because there are areas in front of each cylindrical part on the ROTJ.
I think I know wha you mean. You're correct. The piece on the Barbican is cut short.

Are we we sure the original use for that button block had screws in the cylindrical parts? I wonder what could have gone in there..fuses?

I was at a seminar where the designer of the Delorean time machine was present... While they were reading his credits they said "And worked on Return of the Jedi" in the props department.

While discussing BTTF, he would talk about finding all kinds of weird greeblies and such for the Deloreans insides and controller...

I almost crapped my pants, and like a total nerdy fanboy, hunted him down after the talk with pics of the ROTJ Saber on my phone.

"You worked on Jedi? Can I bug you about something? What do you know about this saber? When was it used? What parts?"

He responded with

"I lit Vader's super star destroyer, and that's about it."

Then he mentioned a guy who may know.... "But I'm pretty sure he died..."

Ah well.

Guys I think this is part of a relay. An old physics professor of mine responded to a post on Facebook about this item (I do that sometimes, you never know) and the black plastic and rounded corners immediately reminded him of automotive parts but I've looked elsewhere too. Most of the Volvo relays i've looked up are square, but the terms coil relay, split charging relay and thermal overload relay yield some interesting results. I took a crapload of screen caps on my iPod, I'll post them soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I fact, since it doesn't have electronics in t, it could be a large version of these things that appear on split relays. Not sure what they are, but they're screwed down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 82
This actually looks daaaamn close (the left)

REALLY close... second cousin maybe?image (2).jpg

Ha... as I searched "Split charge relay" I realized I've actually searched this very thing before... all the same pics... close.. but even at it's closest, looks a tad small...

Still, I do think it's in this world of parts.

It also depends on the size! These connectors might be way too small!! I think the cylindrical parts are not screws, but something bigger, like fuses.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427306885.244386.jpg
This image was send by cboath

Yea I realized those are way too small :lol there are LOTS of kinds of relays and I'm going to dig more into it. Fuses too, but the fact this random guy immediately noted a part really intrigued me :)

I'm not sure - I see threading there, and I think there's even a picture on here that shows threading inside the bottom of the box too.

Those things that NeoRutty chimed in on - the green things are actually terminal blocks. They're tiny, but they do come in all sizes. What if we're looking at a rather large 2 terminal block...

Hi! Yeah, those are the ones I found also. They're close, also in size, but not the ones we're looking for! :) MEM is an old UK brand which was later bought by Eaton, if I'm not mistaken. The question is what those cylindrical 'screws' are. They measure 10mm diameter. I've seen old fuse holders with cylindrical fuses. But I can't really find anything similar.
I doubt that it's a terminal block, since one side is closed. I don't think it's meant for connecting wires. Besides that, what screws would be that big?

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back