Creating DV Rotj Lightsaber Parts

f6c6d64b5fa7dde115b210038873d124.image.300x300.jpg

6652606673_c927476c7c_z.jpg

?

threeway_pushbuttons_switches.jpg

Wow ok, this could be the biggest found piece in ages if it is truly the one!

Sorry, i haven't forgotten about this. I only get to work on it on weekends and 2 weeks ago I lost all my time fixing some things around the house and I was sick this last weekend :)

Can't believe there's an obikenny sighting :)

I think it could very well be a switch along those lines. I've never seen anything like it in the US though, so if it's ever found, it'll be in england i have no doubt (seeing that's where it was made...).

I think it could very well be a switch along those lines. I've never seen anything like it in the US though, so if it's ever found, it'll be in england i have no doubt (seeing that's where it was made...).

My thoughts exactly - my findings haven't been close enough - anyone live across the pond and seen something like this?

Weird. Haven't seen this thread before.

it would be great to have that shroud on shape ways. The one there now is completly innacurate.

I did some of them, but at the moment, my software for the stuff isn't in working order. I'll have to dig into it and see what I can find. Looking at the images above I see things I already want to change :)

If memory serves, i had a shroud and the activation switch/door latch/whatever, and clamp area.

Any other parts people would want to be able to get as 3D prints?

I'm modeling these parts up with plans to stick them on shapeways for everyone to have access to be able to print them in the medium of their choice.

Looking at those again compared to what's on shapeways now, this looks great.

If you uploaded it as is, I would have it printed in a second...

hope you can find our old files.

SHROUD. ha.

I have the rest of the part on an old run... but no accurate shroud.

I DO have a complete one with shroud, and could take measurements, but not sure how that works. I mean, if that's cool... to just use OBiKenny's as reference... reference of reference.

Check the shroud from the images i've posted. If you think something needs tweeked, lemme know and I can look at it. IIRC I think i had the shroud pretty spot on.

On shapeways you could even print it out of brass or SS, though it's likely not cheap :)

If you want to compare, i can throw some quick dim's on it if you like.

@ cboath ... how would you feel about sharing your work with Roy from wannawanga.com ... perhaps he could set up a small parts run in metal?

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back