Cpt America USO Girl Costume

I know this is an old post but I just found it and am trying to do the costume too. I sent a message to the admins on the facebook page and haven't heard back. My sewing abilities are so sub par its pathetic. I don't even know how to follow a pattern. Help?

You might have a little bit of trouble as (unless they've started using a new pattern), the pattern has to be altered. You're looking for B5322 (Buttericks) for the base pattern of the bodice. The skirt was a custom pattern by the Admins of the group and also had to be altered to fit different waist sizes. I think the lapel bits were custom patterns by the admins, too. The hat was from a kit and a custom pattern. I think the cummerbund was a custom pattern, too.

Shoes are here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016QXGBC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I know the skirt and bodice fabric were Joann Casa satin. The blue sequin fabric was a group order from a shop in LA. The sequins are metal, not plastic. The stars for the lapels and hat were a group order.

I'm sorry this isn't much help. I would ping the admins who have posted in this thread and see if they can help further.

Sonusai -'ve responded to all PMs to the facebook group. And those people I responded to have been messaging back and forth with me there, so maybe try to send a message again because it must not have gone through. Don't send it to our personal pages, it will get hidden in "other" - use the message button feature on the Cap Dancing Girl fan page: https://www.facebook.com/CaptainAmericaGirls

Hi! :) Is the facebook group still being checked? I sent a message last night and haven't heard back yet. (I know this is a super old thread but I just found it)

Thanks!

Just a 2022 update from the Captain America USO FB admin - for those who have been asking me recently that still find us through searching RPF - yes the Captain America USO Girl / Captain America Dancers / Captain America show girls costume group still exists! Our public page has been removed from Facebook yet again with no warning or reason and I'm patiently waiting for my appeal to be reviewed. This is why I have a private costume construction group. For now please reach out to me at either my public page Kay Dee Collection & Costumes (though I don't see those messages as easily) or better yet, my personal Facebook page "Kathy KayDee" Log into Facebook to gain access to our costume construction group.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back