Costumes for the new Star Wars: Rogue One standalone film

PaxAddict

Jr Member
We're starting to see information for the new Star Wars film, and I'd like to see sneak peeks and costume information in a central location.

Disney released a sneak peek "Meet the new characters" sort of tweet here below, back in august:
CMeQxuHUsAEkYtt.jpg

But, photos were released of a Rogue One exhibit today, that apparently shouldn't have. I've attached them here
Rogue 1 sneak peek 4.jpgRogue 1 sneak peek 3.jpgRogue 1 sneak peek 2.jpgRogue 1 sneak peek 1.jpg
Looks like the characters in the exhibit are Jones, Luna and Yen.
Some interesting costumes, and I like what they've done. They kept the ribbed sleeves from the resistance pilot gear (seen in the resistance pilot suits, as well as Poe Dameron's leather jacket) so there's some military or pilot ties.

I'm excited.
Who is planning on cosplaying these?

Is it the same blaster as the one in rotj? I think the a280c? I forget lol

Not exactly the same, but quite similar.
As far as I know, the A280 was based on a Ar-15 model, while the A280C was based on a STG44.

I really like the bi-color paint and the the new sceleton stock.

Not exactly the same, but quite similar.
As far as I know, the A280 was based on a Ar-15 model, while the A280C was based on a STG44.

I really like the bi-color paint and the the new sceleton stock.
That's cool I can't wait to see more OT inspired blasters!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Highest resolution version of the initial cast shot I could find.
Master_Cast_Photo_1of2_2.0.jpg
Some really interesting details in there - that blaster on Felicity Jones' character looks potentially cool.
Interesting details on the vests as well, bumped up the exposure and gamma correction on both hers and Riz Ahmed's outfits to bring out the greebles and stitching.
RA.jpgFJ.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that is an imperial tech's jumpsuit, but a darker grey than what we saw in ANH. Two different code cylinders.
Notice the circles on the wrist comm pad: in ANH these were painted, not actual greeblies. I think the Imperial cog patch looks embroidered, but can't say for sure.

I wonder what the guy directly behind Duego Luna has on his head... Is that a cyborg like Lobot or am I just imagining things?

If you're talking about the guy peeking over the top of his head, I'm pretty sure it's just a guy wearing a tan hat with silver goggles pushed up - the silver being the rims?

Highest resolution version of the initial cast shot I could find.
View attachment 585100
Some really interesting details in there - that blaster on Felicity Jones' character looks potentially cool.
Interesting details on the vests as well, bumped up the exposure and gamma correction on both hers and Riz Ahmed's outfits to bring out the greebles and stitching.
View attachment 585120View attachment 585121

I'm pretty sure the base gun is a Luger P08 If you look at the top of the holster you can make out the magazine circle
Luger.jpg

The barrel looks like Rey's blaster

Last edited:
She appears to have 2 firearms.
The one in front that has the same barrel as Rey's and the one behind it with knurling.

Both are present at the display at the toy fair but no one has posted a good picture of it.

It's not in that picture (though the costume is on display, I've seen pictures it), but the costume that I'm really digging is the one with the rectangular armor strips on the front and the big red cowl around the neck and upper torso, with the stormtrooper hand plates on the gloves, big red tank on the back. It's the outfit that the guy with the long black hair is wearing. That's one awesome outfit. I've been thinking of trying my hand at putting the costume together... Maybe... Some of it looks pretty daunting. XD

All of the costumes are pretty cool, though. They definitely seem to fit in well with the original trilogy look.

I've made some pictures with my phone at the Nuremberg Toyfair, 35 pictures.... (just click on the preview-link to get to the gallery).

As I said, only had my mobile phone with me, but a friend took some pictures with his DSLR, I'll get those pictures later this week.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back