Costs of 3D print Ironman helmet

Gam3r

I want to get my hands on an Iron Man helmet for Holloween this year.. I have tried to make one from pepakura, but it turnes out that making stuff like that is NOT my thing... So I'm gonna try to find a 3D printed helmet, that I can just prime, fill with fiberglass, paint and put in electronics... no pep files or Bondo a.s.o.

So I was wondering... to you out there that owns a 3D printer... what are the costs in material to print out the parts for a helmet? Faceplate, front and back piece?

Thanks for reading :)

You'll still need to fill and sand (a lot) on a 3d printed helmet, so you'll still need to work with some sort of filler. For the price and amount of work that would go in to it, you're much better off buying a resin cast.

Are there any 'decently priced' casts out there now?

I got a cast, its wasnt even worth the time to try and complete it.. must have been cast from a warped pep file or something..

IMHO.. alot of the 'casts' are way overpriced for the work that still needs to be done to them.

Maybe a MarkIII or something? Not into all the 'variants of a variant..of a variant' styles for a personal purchase..

I created all the electronics and posted a nice tutorials on how to motorize your faceplate.. and I still dont even have a decent bucket for myself.. :(

Any suggestions of a 'good' cast... but affordable? :)

.. alot of the 'casts' are way overpriced for the work that still needs to be done to them............

Don't know what you bought, but a good poured cast by someone who knows what they're doing should require little to no "work". Normal for a little flashing clean up or trimming, but that should be about it. Wash it, prime it, paint it.

Sounds like you got a bogus lid honestly. Thorsolli makes a nice IM lid, in my opinion. Prices ain't bad either.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back