Cosplay Ideas?

wholesomejoe

I need a new project(s) to work on to get ready for Dragon Con 2015. I know it's a long ways off but tons of people are already working on stuff for it. I usually wear something different each day, by wearing something I already have on the other days, and my newest costume on Saturday when there is the largest crowd.

I have Tommy the Green Ranger, TASM 2, a mashup of Heath Ledger's Joker and Ghostbusters (Batbusters) that I did this year, with a neon green proton pack.

I like to do things that I'm obviously into, but that I can pull off with my look. I'm 6'1", lanky and I have long dark brown hair to my shoulders.

I can't for the life of me come up with any interesting ideas, that won't be too awfully expensive to pull off and still turn some heads.

I thought about Aragorn from LOTR, as well as Will Turner from Pirates.
I've done The Crow in the past, but it always seemed like a cheap Halloween costume than a serious cosplay. (I love The Crow though.)
Someone suggested Bucky from Capt. America Winter Soldier, which looks really cool. I've also gotten suggestions of Loki.
I just can't wrap my head around it. Any suggestions?

Do something you don't see often at Cons;be as original as possible.Adding to that: what are your passions/idols? Forget what somebody else wants to see you as,for a moment; make a list,close your eyes and point a finger at one name :D

So far the list I've come up with to choose from... (Based on things I like.)
- Aragorn
- The Crow
- Will Turner from Pirates
- Bucky Barnes (new version)
- Bill and Ted
- TMNT (Raphael movie version or Slash done in the movie style.)
- Loki
- Dark Link
- Male Night Elf from WoW

I'd like to see a good Crow costume. I always liked this look better then the one with the jacket. Also, Bill and Ted! :thumbsup And TMNT! :thumbsup Unless it's the recent movie stuff in which case :thumbsdown :lol

brandon_lee_the_crow_wallpaper-41516.jpg

I REALLY want to do a Jim Henson TMNT cosplay. I grew up watching that movie. I also was pretty into The Crow as a teenager, and I have the hair for it. My gf wants to do normal Link, and me Dark Link.. so I think I have my choices.. The question is, will I have time? I'm gonna try to get her to do April, her last name actually is O'Neill.

The TMNT cosplay will def. be the most intensive. I'm thinking of doing the suit how I've seen people doing the Predator suits, with the Mr. Incredible suit heavily modified.

I REALLY want to do a Jim Henson TMNT cosplay. I grew up watching that movie. I also was pretty into The Crow as a teenager, and I have the hair for it. My gf wants to do normal Link, and me Dark Link.. so I think I have my choices.. The question is, will I have time? I'm gonna try to get her to do April, her last name actually is O'Neill.

The TMNT cosplay will def. be the most intensive. I'm thinking of doing the suit how I've seen people doing the Predator suits, with the Mr. Incredible suit heavily modified.
Funny my wife's maiden name is O'neill...GM

Lol, I promise it's not her.

Is she blonde?

But yeah, I think I'm going to attempt Raphael or Donatello from the 90's movie. The head is going to be the hardest part. I saw a video where someone actually made the eyes and mouth move on a Leo mask, I REALLY want to do that, and maybe even install speakers into the suit that play clips of their real voices for their key lines.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back