Cool World props

dobidy

Just posting after a long hiatus from propmaking. I started photoshopping and redrawing some comic book covers based on the Ralph Bakshi film Cool World. I am a big fan of Bakshi's work and have piles of cels and such going back to the late 60's.

Underground artist Spain Rodriguez designed all of the comics, so I have been pouring through his stuff to find reference for the covers. I will be redrawing them as my current files are very pixelated. I have started one cover and have the resources for the back cover of all of the comics.

There are about 8 comics/covers and 2 books in the comic book shop portion of the film.

I will not be selling the replicas out of respect for Spain Rodriguez and Ralph Bakshi....I'm sure they hold the copyrights as well. They are for personal use only.

I am not sure of the interest here, but I will post the finals.

Here is the raw file....complete with Ralph tipped in!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WZ66rdh9ASYQpjfmCkVi4XSj5nl0A59hGImwfcwfjpI?feat=directlink

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back