constantine screencap req - silver coin

This coin is just some promo piece I found. I think it's a sticker. I like the rough outline of it but the actual design is nothing close to wha t we need. We need somene to attempt to trace the one in the pics above. When I get a chance, i'm gonna scan the movie again and look for better pics.

Antiquity coin dealer here.
The opening first appearance of the coin you see it is silver I was thrown off a little because it looked like a Judean shekel year one after the Jewish War began May of 66 CE but it shouldn't have a cross image on the other side.
The scene in bowling alley you can see the reverse image of a Byzantine follis, Large M , ANNO to one side / X on the other ( anno and X mean year of reign =10. Going back to the first appearance I see the Cross was the X and the Line of the M is barely visible.

Each side of this coin doesn't exist for the other. It should be a bust of a byzantine emperor and the Large M.
For the final but ..... The large M is 100% byzantine image not seen in other coins but it was made in bronze not silver.
It could have been a large fake silver coin you can buy in most of these port cities, or the prop guys decided to make a fun looking coin.

My two shekels

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back