Conjuring Music Box

SATELLITE74

Inspired by ahoudinis build from a few years ago, I though I'd have a go at the music box from The Conjuring.
Everything is made from scratch on this. I've used a musical wind up movement for the head bob, and used a geared
3 volt motor on a tilt switch for the rotating mirror, as I couldn't find a wind up that went clockwise.
Quite enjoyed this one as it reqiures lots of techniques to finish. And it's easy to find a space to display it!
Box1.JPG
Box2.JPG
Box3.JPG

Just for future reference, you can completely unwind the clockwork spring, and wrap it in the "opposite" direction and reassemble. This will rotate the works in the opposite direction. This works easier with smaller springs and you may need to clamp the spring in the new orientation for a period of time to help it "take".

Just for future reference, you can completely unwind the clockwork spring, and wrap it in the "opposite" direction and reassemble. This will rotate the works in the opposite direction. This works easier with smaller springs and you may need to clamp the spring in the new orientation for a period of time to help it "take".
Good to know, thanks. But I would probably have taken my eye out trying this.

Inspired by ahoudinis build from a few years ago, I though I'd have a go at the music box from The Conjuring.
Everything is made from scratch on this. I've used a musical wind up movement for the head bob, and used a geared
3 volt motor on a tilt switch for the rotating mirror, as I couldn't find a wind up that went clockwise.
Quite enjoyed this one as it reqiures lots of techniques to finish. And it's easy to find a space to display it!View attachment 1672604View attachment 1672605View attachment 1672606

Beautiful work! Mine still sits unpainted but this inspiring build should get me going to finish it up. Really well done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back