Congrats to Sideshow

Nothing has been proven. Paul has not even had a chance to defend himself. This is all speculation which keeps growing to fact because somone made an accusation. There are many Paul Francis Headhunters here who will stop at nothing to bash him. You guys won't even allow him back to defend himself, how fair is that? Why don't we hear from him or from the person directly violated by Paul if there is even any truth to that? Heresay doesn't fly with me, it is never admitted in court, why do we admit it here?

I'm still curious, WHERE did the cut and paste
from the beginning of the thread come FROM ?

If there's some direct link to THAT it would
help out ALLOT... :D

Streetjudge Paul could easily post something up in the OT forum. However it is a fact that he indeed is no longer a license holder. That is not hearsay.

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Dec 2 2005, 06:38 AM
Nothing has been proven. Paul has not even had a chance to defend himself. This is all speculation which keeps growing to fact because somone made an accusation. There are many Paul Francis Headhunters here who will stop at nothing to bash him.  You guys won't even allow him back to defend himself, how fair is that? Why don't we hear from him or from the person directly violated by Paul if there is even any truth to that?  Heresay doesn't fly with me, it is never admitted in court, why do we admit it here?
[snapback]1126625[/snapback]​

I would really like to hear it from him directly as to why this happened. I'm not saying I don't believe anyone here, but I would like to see him explain this.

Then send him and e-mail or have him post at the Off Topic Forum.

Paul is no longer a member here, I'd imagine it will stay that way for quite a long time.

If you don't believe the information then by all means contact TLG directly via the phone number openly posted above. THEY have the license and have requested any info relevant to their investigation. That being the case, I don't think they would have any qualms about answering and relevant questions you may have and/or simply confirming what I posted above.

As for a defense? I don't think one is even necessary. Powers far higher than you or I appear to have already made their decision to remove the licens from LFS and. I doubt a few protests on a message board will change their opinion.

-Gary

Oh, and I recieved the above information via e-mail... It was also confirmed via someone on another board directly calling TLG for the info.

There are many Paul Francis Headhunters here who will stop at nothing to bash him.

Ask yourself why is that? Can you not read in between the lines? There are a lot of highly respected contributors here who are offering the same opinions, not just ranting beserkers. However this is not the place to tell these stories anymore, for all sorts of complicated reasons which we won't go into now. Suffice to say, ask around. Having cool swag to offer doesn't automatically make you an angel, and that seems to be being reinforced officially by the whole thrust of this issue. As for the outcome, I offer no opinion whether he's guilty or innocent but I know where I'm placing my money. We'll have to wait and see.

What flabbergasts me is the fact that the moron used TLG COAs for Predator items, when any half-wit knows that the property belongs to Fox. TLG acts as the license administrator for French media conglomerate "Canal +" which owns the T2 rights, and handles licensing for Baywatch and other obscure properties. T2 is really the only "big ticket" item TLG works with, which explains why they're so protective of it.

I feel bad for TLG, because they had to go through this all before with Icons and Timeless Collectibles.

Talk about the Curse of the T-800. :lol

- Gabe

At least Paul originally had a license - what about the other sellers that have been selling items here, on ebay and other forums that never had any license? It's ridculous having a pop at this particular person whan the majority of prop maker/sellers mentioned here and on other boards have never even attempted to pay for copyright fees.
This hobby is based on the violation of copyright.
Get real...

At least Paul originally had a license

Not for everything he sold and besides, infringing studio copyright is one thing but this is a completely different league. What we do here, in general terms, if it's in small quantities, is often passed off by the studio as normal fan activity. It's only when people really start taking liberties that the studios get rightfully upset. You don't get this sort of attention unless you've peed someone off big time and faking signatures and passing off product as something it isn't would pee me off if I was a business partner losing my cut or a paying customer. If he's guilty, he'll get a punishment that suits the crime and that's how it should be or you might just as well empty all the prisons tomorrow. If you knowingly play with fire, you can't complain if you get burnt and according to the statement issued, the accusation is that he knew exactly what he was doing. Originally having a licence (allegedly) is not a defence that will win such a case. However, as I said before, time will give us the answer.

Originally posted by AnsonJames@Dec 2 2005, 07:02 PM
At least Paul originally had a license  - what about the other sellers that have been selling items here, on  ebay and other forums that never had any license? It's ridculous having a pop at this particular person whan the majority of prop maker/sellers mentioned here and on other boards have never even attempted to pay for copyright fees.
Get real...
[snapback]1127290[/snapback]​

Welcome to the RPF, New User.

Lesson #1:

Lying is wrong. :)

Originally posted by AnsonJames@Dec 2 2005, 05:02 PM
At least Paul originally had a license  - what about the other sellers that have been selling items here, on  ebay and other forums that never had any license? It's ridculous having a pop at this particular person whan the majority of prop maker/sellers mentioned here and on other boards have never even attempted to pay for copyright fees.
Get real...
[snapback]1127290[/snapback]​
What's ridiculous is that a LICENSE HOLDER continued to allegedly engage in massive copyright AND license infringement, basically biting the hand that fed him and abusing his status as a licensee to allegedly defraud unsuspecting customers. :rolleyes

Apples and oranges, AnsonJames.

- Gabe

Regardless of how evil or bad a person is. What sickens me most about this board is the utter joy others take at other peoples misfortunes. There are many camps and cliques and I understand that there is bad blood between many.

However, I just think that taking pleasure about any bad thing is just not a healthy thing.

To each their own.

Originally posted by sstcop@Dec 2 2005, 06:13 PM
Regardless of how evil or bad a person is.  What sickens me most about this board is the utter joy others take at other peoples misfortunes.  There are many camps and cliques and I understand that there is bad blood between many.

However, I just think that taking pleasure about any bad thing is just not a healthy thing.

To each their own.
[snapback]1127374[/snapback]​
I honestly don't believe that "misfortune" applies in this case at all. This is also not about "bad blood." Besides, he's not a member here so camps and cliques don't apply. It's really very simple: Paul allegedly stole from and defrauded his licensor and customers. The misfortune is TLG's and Paul's customers, clients, and brokers, not Paul's, and nobody is rejoicing in their embarrassment or the legal and financial hassle the fallout will undoubtedly cause them, not to mention the inevitable damage to their reputations.

My happiness rests firmly in the knowledge that the Terminator property will once and for all - I hope - be free of tainting by the likes of Icons, Timeless Collectibles, and Paul Francis, and that Paul will have that many less opportunities to screw people over.

- Gabe

Regardless of how evil or bad a person is. What sickens me most about this board is the utter joy others take at other peoples misfortunes.

Not other people's misfortunes. Only those who were long overdue for some misfortune. I'll assume you're either ignorant of this person's history or, to quote from Jaws, you're going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites YOU on the arse. Some of us have been in the hobby world a long time and we have equally long memories. We have a saying in my business that the more people you tread on on the way up, the more people there are putting the boot in on the way down. This kind of issue, the hobby can do without. It damages the hobby and this community. Any personal feelings of elation that individuals have is a bonus purely for them. All I can say is, I'm glad that he's not permitted here because if he was, the Sideshow affiliation and possible even this forum itself could be under threat if there was any suggestion that the RPF was being knowingly used to shift any contrabrand. How would we feel about it if that happened or is getting cool swag cheaply more important?

Originally posted by sstcop@Dec 3 2005, 02:13 AM
What sickens me most about this board is the utter joy others take at other peoples misfortunes. 

is it misfortune when you cause it all to yourself??????

he made his bed now hes got to lie in it....do the crime pay the fine.....all that stuff

Originally posted by sstcop@Dec 3 2005, 02:13 AM
Regardless of how evil or bad a person is.  What sickens me most about this board is the utter joy others take at other peoples misfortunes.  There are many camps and cliques and I understand that there is bad blood between many.

To each their own.

Im not taking utter joy out of any of this, and i think the only thing that i would take utter joy from someones misfortune, is seeing the punishment of a rapist or murderer.

However, i have personally had PF blast me publicly on boards calling me all sorts of names and accusing me of recasting and the such.... when i have never in my life even touched touched, yet alone made a silicone mold or mold of any sort. Im sorry but if someone is going to be like that to me and others, and then this happens... what does it say about that person ?

Fans like myself look up to people like him (or at least in my case looked up) for what he does, and to have him abuse me and and rant and rave about crap, and then refuse to even make mends... lets just say he made me upset and the prop hobby has never been the same for me.

I hope nothing bad happens to him to or his family because of this, no one deserves misfortune. But maybe he should actually stick to his words, and not just preach crap.

Originally posted by motorfish@Dec 5 2005, 01:10 AM
Karma's a motherf*cker, ain't it?  :lol
I'm sure Paul would know what I'm talking about, if he was still here.
[snapback]1128635[/snapback]​

(flashback mode engagded) ;)

wow. thats brutal. ouch. :)

Street, I find it interesting that you ask for proof when the name, phone number, and email of the company that dealt the smack down to him is on the first page.

Also, since you and Paul are such good friends, why donÂ’t you just not call him yourself and ask?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back