Congrats to Sideshow

Looks like David and I were "moderating" this thread at the same time. :unsure

Guys, please keep the comments on-topic. :thumbsup

Thanks,
Lonnie

Well since my post was removed for no reason here it is again. Where did this information come from, was it originally posted on another board?

Originally posted by gw2tulsa@Dec 1 2005, 08:02 PM
Not too much...

This is public information and can be confirmed by calling the Licensing Group directly. Infact they WANT people to contact them with relevent information...

The following information has been verified. Paul Francis of Lucas Francis Studios license for Terminator 2 has been terminated. Mr. Francis was selling Terminator 2 props and costumes as well as pieces from Predator and had created fake certificates of authenticity on the letterhead of Terminator licensor The Licensing Group. These were signed with a forged signature by Paul Francis. A collector in Europe contacted The Licensing Group after purchasing $80,000 worth of props and costumes from Paul Francis. The Licensing Group had no knowledge of this transaction, and after examining the certficiates of authenticity realized Francis was commiting fraud using their name. Francis' licenses were then promptly cancelled. Further investigation revealed Francis was selling unlicensed Endoskeleton kits and castings of unapproved product. Be careful of conducting business with this individual. Any of these statement can be verified by contacting The Licensing Group in southern California.

tlgla@aol.com (323) 653-2700

TLG is seeking any information regarding unlicensed or fraudulent activity.
[snapback]1126057[/snapback]​

Originally posted by JP05@Dec 1 2005, 04:42 PM
So why are there still posts here which mention potential legal problems?
[snapback]1126200[/snapback]​
My bad, sorry. I equated the banned-member bashing and legal troubles together, which was the wrong call on my part.

Lonnie is right in that the potential legal issues are hobby-related and on topic with the main prop forum. With that in mind, as long as there are no more insults and off-topic remarks, the thread is fine.

Originally posted by synasp+Dec 1 2005, 10:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(synasp @ Dec 1 2005, 10:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-JP05
@Dec 1 2005, 04:42 PM
So why are there still posts here which mention potential legal problems?
[snapback]1126200[/snapback]​
My bad, sorry. I equated the banned-member bashing and legal troubles together, which was the wrong call on my part.

Lonnie is right in that the potential legal issues are hobby-related and on topic with the main prop forum. With that in mind, as long as there are no more insults and off-topic remarks, the thread is fine.
[snapback]1126209[/snapback]​
[/b]

But speculating on what may happen to someone..........I dont see how that is prop or hobby related.

Because folks may be doing business with him.

Now that Sideshow has the license Paul is infringing upon that license and may very well be taken to task on it via legal channels.

One ought to be aware of this while dealing with him.

Originally posted by synasp@Dec 1 2005, 05:34 PM
This thread has been made in very poor taste.  :angry

Now for the obvioius:

Paul Francis is a banned member. Following precedent, banned members cannot defend themselves, therefore there should be no more discussion of Paul Francis.

Furthermore, there should be no discussion on potential legal problems regarding Paul Francis.

If anyone has a problem with this, please PM me.

I will look through the previous posts and see if anyone crossed the line. Hopefully there wont be any more gloating, making fun, insulting, and generally dissapointing behavior.
[snapback]1126193[/snapback]​

I found your tone more disturbing than anything else in this thread. No need to scold the members like children. I found the subject matter of this post rather informative and important.

Rylo

Pardon my confusion, but wasn't he making the EndoSkeleton for Sideshow? What is going to happen with that?

Originally posted by Montagar@Dec 1 2005, 04:03 PM
Pardon my confusion, but wasn't he making the EndoSkeleton for Sideshow? What is going to happen with that?
[snapback]1126258[/snapback]​
PF will have to return every single pattern, mold, and proprietary material related to T2 back to The Licensing Group, or transfer them directly to Sideshow, unless he executes a "duck, run, hide, and resurface" a-la Jim Latta and try to convert them through a new shell company.

- Gabe

Paul no longer has the license for Termiator?. Woohoo...

I can finally start buy stuff without worrying(too much) about supporting him. :D

Good things come to those who wait.

I wish no ill will on anyone... though Karma seems to have caught up...

You folks are speculating way too much. Why not leave it to iron out because you are only fueling rumors hearsay which is really not productive or beneficial.

Lee

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell@Dec 1 2005, 06:01 PM
I found your tone more disturbing than anything else in this thread. No need to scold the members like children. I found the subject matter of this post rather informative and important.
I find your lack of faith disturbing. :lol kidding, kidding...

Seriously though, I'm not sure what tone you got from my post, but I think it was an appropriate response to 14 removed posts of insults and glee for another person's misfortune (deserved or not). The rest may be informative, yes.

Back on topic...

You claimed the "Thread" had been started in very bad taste.

An unnecessary comment on your part.

I believe this thread was started with the intent of educating other collectors.

You labeled it a negative from the beginning, prior to most of the now removed comments.

If you'd like to continue this discussion with me please PM me. I see no reason to pull the thread off track any further.

I agree with what Lee said. There's quite a lot of hearsay and speculation, both of which aren't productive to the actual state of the hobby, aka facts.

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell@Dec 1 2005, 06:42 PM
If you'd like to continue this discussion with me please PM me. I see no reason to pull the thread off track any further.
[snapback]1126296[/snapback]​
It's okay Rylo. If you want to talk in private, you can PM me directly instead of posting.

gw2tulsa may not have been involved in the insults, but starting this thread immediately passing judgment "congrats to sideshow" and "bring the Terminator License back into a positive light," then "the license is now in better hands" leads me to believe (this may be a stretch) he doesn't like PF, and did not intend to have this be an objective discussion on the state of the hobby and its future regarding Terminator props. In my humble opinion, he primed this thread, allowed it to ignite, and sat back for the show. He's a smart guy, and was not oblivious to its potential for mod-intervention.

But gw2tulsa didn't cross the line. He's okay in my book. For that, Gary, I do apologize for seemingly directing the majority blow onto you, but I intended that for those whose posts were removed prior to my post. Rylo, no posts have been removed after my post, so please do not distort the facts.

I believe this thread was started with the intent of educating other collectors.
I don't. Complain to me via PM.

Synasp

No hard feelings on this end. I wholeheartedly agree that some of the more low-brow comments were out of place. This was not meant for people to gloat. Although, I can totally appreciate some people's want and need to celebrate. In a way my post is one of those, but I meant nothing malicious in posting what I did.

My congratulations and appreciation towards Sideshow were genuinely heartfelt. TLG's actions are based on events that they felt were true - anyone who has been here as a member for the last 4-5 years can attest to the behavious and actions they mentioned. If no one believes the info I posted - they can contact TLG at the number posted above.

For reasons both personal and related to the hobby, myself and quite a few other collectors INTENTIONALLY did not purchase Terminator products while they were under Paul Francis's belt.

With this current turn of events, I personally no longer feel like I will be putting a portion of my hard earned money in his coffers and in turn perpetuate the cycle.

My new desire to purchase from Sideshow will now also benefit the RPF thanks to their association links available from the main page.

Now I just need them to release a T-800 Endoskull...

-Gary

Originally posted by Scarecrow@Dec 1 2005, 10:04 PM
Why does everyone hate Paul? Does he have a tainted past?
[snapback]1126371[/snapback]​

Yes. As this thread is not supposed to only be about him you can PM me for the details.

Originally posted by synasp+Dec 1 2005, 09:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(synasp @ Dec 1 2005, 09:36 PM)</div>
I agree with what Lee said. There's quite a lot of hearsay and speculation, both of which aren't productive to the actual state of the hobby, aka facts.

<!--QuoteBegin-Chest Rockwell
@Dec 1 2005, 06:42 PM
[snapback]1126296[/snapback]​
It's okay Rylo. If you want to talk in private, you can PM me directly instead of posting.

gw2tulsa may not have been involved in the insults, but starting this thread immediately passing judgment "congrats to sideshow" and "bring the Terminator License back into a positive light," then "the license is now in better hands" leads me to believe (this may be a stretch) he doesn't like PF, and did not intend to have this be an objective discussion on the state of the hobby and its future regarding Terminator props. In my humble opinion, he primed this thread, allowed it to ignite, and sat back for the show. He's a smart guy, and was not oblivious to its potential for mod-intervention.

But gw2tulsa didn't cross the line. He's okay in my book. For that, Gary, I do apologize for seemingly directing the majority blow onto you, but I intended that for those whose posts were removed prior to my post. Rylo, no posts have been removed after my post, so please do not distort the facts.

I don't. Complain to me via PM.
[snapback]1126359[/snapback]​
[/b]

:rolleyes

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back