Congrats to Sideshow

Gary Weaver II

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I hope that Sideshow can now bring the Terminator License back into a positive light.

I may just have to buy something now...

-Gary

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh, man, my stomach is hurting from laughing so hard...

I feel so much better about my Sideshow Endoarm now...

This will be a day long remembered.

- Gabe

Not too much...

This is public information and can be confirmed by calling the Licensing Group directly. Infact they WANT people to contact them with relevent information...

The following information has been verified. Paul Francis of Lucas Francis Studios license for Terminator 2 has been terminated. Mr. Francis was selling Terminator 2 props and costumes as well as pieces from Predator and had created fake certificates of authenticity on the letterhead of Terminator licensor The Licensing Group. These were signed with a forged signature by Paul Francis. A collector in Europe contacted The Licensing Group after purchasing $80,000 worth of props and costumes from Paul Francis. The Licensing Group had no knowledge of this transaction, and after examining the certficiates of authenticity realized Francis was commiting fraud using their name. Francis' licenses were then promptly cancelled. Further investigation revealed Francis was selling unlicensed Endoskeleton kits and castings of unapproved product. Be careful of conducting business with this individual. Any of these statement can be verified by contacting The Licensing Group in southern California.

tlgla@aol.com (323) 653-2700

TLG is seeking any information regarding unlicensed or fraudulent activity.

I have no idea if any legal action is being taken or not, nor do I really care.

I'm just happy that the license is now in better hands.

-Gary

For quite some time it was known by me and many others that Paul would send out replicas of the items he had a license to make at cut rate prices for "Special People." It was suspected that he did this to make more money and not give the cut to the owner of the CR for the items. Seems he went a bit too far and was actually making COA's for these and other items on the owners on letter head, i.e. The Licensing Group, which administers the Terminator License.

In fact, just this week Paul had an auction up for a original screen used Bajorian Phaser on Ebay. The St Louis Kid chimed in over at Prop Ed and pointed out that he made the thing. The prop was neighed original, nor was it screen used (duh). Paul even had the balls to offer a COA of sorts with it, though he called it something else.

Well, The Licensing Group eventually found out about it and fired his ass. You can speak to them your self at 323 652 2700. Or email at tlgla@aol.com . I expect serious legal action to follow.

Link to Prop Ed discussion of the auction
http://p212.ezboard.com/frpfotforumfrm13.s...picID=224.topic

Link to the now pulled auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/Proper-Effects-Star-Tr...1QQcmdZViewItem

Link to PaulÂ’s site
http://www.lucasfrancisstudios.com/cyberdy...e_replicas.html

{Edit: Spelling}

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Dec 1 2005, 11:59 AM
And what exactly is that supposed to mean?
[snapback]1126054[/snapback]​

That Paul Francis is finally getting called out for what he really is, and his cronies here on the RPF can stop trying to defend him and make him look like a victim.

Did this person ever do business here?

How would you guys advise someone new to this board (though not to the hobby) about avoiding the ne'er do wells?

:)

-Dave

Originally posted by Kal-L@Dec 1 2005, 01:27 PM

How would you guys advise someone new to this board (though not to the hobby) about avoiding the ne'er do wells?

-Dave
[snapback]1126123[/snapback]​
Simple: when you have the faintest of doubts, ASK. :p PF was permanently banned over 2 years ago for being a general a$$hole, and his stench in the hobby was known to all. Everybody knows everybody here, and if a potential seller has sold here before, or privately to a member, people will be upfront and post their reviews of his character and business practices, or lack f both.

- Gabe

[Edited for baiting comment - RPF Staff]

Check the Banned list, also if you see an auction you want to bid on, post a note here asking if they are a worthy seller.That way you won't get taken by a scammer or a recaster.

Originally posted by Kal-L@Dec 1 2005, 01:27 PM

-Dave

To paraphrase the directions to Carnegie Hall, "Research. Research. Research."

Look around and see who's got pieces similar to what you're interested in. Ask them who they bought them from. Most of the folks here will be happy to point you towards artisans that have treated them well and to steer you away from folks that haven't.

Read all the other boards devoted to what you're looking for (SW, ST, BSG, T2, MMPR, Rocketeer, etc.). Many of them will have Good/Bad Vendor lists or threads dedicated to trustworthy sellers and ne'er-d-well's.

If you find something that you want, but don't recognize the vendor's name, PM a Mod or maybe another member whose opinion you respect based on their posts. They may know something that they can pass on - for good or bad - or at least be able to point you in the right direction.

This won't stop all the bad transactions, some historically good sellers turn into bad guys either intentionally or accidentally, but it will help minimize your risks.

Seriously. I expect now there will be a lot of legal action based on what TLG thinks he may have sold and did not tell them about.

If it were me, I would subpoena his complete records for sales, all his personal and business financials, and info on his purchases of resin and other base products. Another way to do it would be to get his expenses on shipping. That would go a long way to telling you what he sent out vs. what he reported he shipped out.

Next I would get on the phone with any other group he does business for and let them know the score.

From what I gathered from my source a year or so ago when Paul and Rob were trying to come up with a way to sue me, the money could well be in the several $100,000 range. Remember this has been going on for quite some time now.

[Edited comments about Paul's wife - RPF Staff]

This thread has been made in very poor taste. :angry

Now for the obvioius:

Paul Francis is a banned member. Following precedent, banned members cannot defend themselves, therefore there should be no more discussion of Paul Francis.

Furthermore, there should be no discussion on potential legal problems regarding Paul Francis.

If anyone has a problem with this, please PM me.

I will look through the previous posts and see if anyone crossed the line. Hopefully there wont be any more gloating, making fun, insulting, and generally dissapointing behavior.

Originally posted by Kal-L@Dec 1 2005, 04:27 PM

-Dave

.....again, a prime example why a "Bad Vendor" list should be compiled and posted.....not neccessarily for this guy (don't know the story), but there are enough other guys to avoid that would warrant a list being started....

Guys...

In the past when legal issues for members (or even banned members, as in this case) have come up, we've not allowed them on the board. Since this is directly affecting the prop community, I think it is fair game to bring it to the public's attention.

However, some very low-class comments have been made about PF's wife in this thread, and other baiting comments have been made toward current RPF members. Very bad form.

I've cut out a lot of the off-topic and off-color comments, and will leave the rest up to keep the community informed of the situation.

If you're going to post in this thread, please keep the comments on-topic regarding the impact to the hobby and the T2 license.

Lonnie
RPF Staff

Originally posted by synasp@Dec 1 2005, 10:34 PM
This thread has been made in very poor taste.  :angry

Now for the obvioius:

Paul Francis is a banned member. Following precedent, banned members cannot defend themselves, therefore there should be no more discussion of Paul Francis.

Furthermore, there should be no discussion on potential legal problems regarding Paul Francis.

If anyone has a problem with this, please PM me.

I will look through the previous posts and see if anyone crossed the line. Hopefully there wont be any more gloating, making fun, insulting, and generally dissapointing behavior.
[snapback]1126193[/snapback]​

So why are there still posts here which mention potential legal problems?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back