concept Facehugger clay sketch

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jarvis B

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I put some clay on the sculpting bust to pass some time while waiting for supplies to arrive and this is what happened .
I've been wanting to do this sculpt of the Giger concept Facehugger for awhile any thoughts ?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

division 6

Master Member
Nice.

I made a 1/4 scale one about 20 years ago out of latex built up over cotton and a wire armature.

Prefect42

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was going to say that I always preferred what ended up on screen. Then I got a good look at your sculpt. HOLY SPACE #*@^. That is seriously creepy. I love the texture on it. You know, I think it is creepier than the screen used one.

Well done.

Ted.

Jarvis B

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for the feed back guys , I decided to go forward with the Sculpting Contest in the new forum . we'll see how the next facehugger sculpt goes.

Vito

I'm actually really impressed. First giger draft i've seen. Looking from my giger book. I'd say you're pretty spot on. =]

Keep going, watching this thread. =]

Jarvis B

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Did a little more sketching while waiting on my supplies , I'm going to be using Monster Clay for the first time on a full sculpt .

Techuser

Giger would be proud!

I don't know how much detail is supposed to be on a sketch, but comparing to the concept the middle of it should have more height in that part around the spine, and the spine itself seems to be a bit skinnier, and curvier