concept Facehugger clay sketch

Jarvis B

I put some clay on the sculpting bust to pass some time while waiting for supplies to arrive and this is what happened .
I've been wanting to do this sculpt of the Giger concept Facehugger for awhile any thoughts ?
IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

tumblr_ll91gwsEbg1qjutm4o2_400.jpg

I was going to say that I always preferred what ended up on screen. Then I got a good look at your sculpt. HOLY SPACE #*@^. That is seriously creepy. I love the texture on it. You know, I think it is creepier than the screen used one.

Well done.

Ted.

Thanks for the feed back guys , I decided to go forward with the Sculpting Contest in the new forum . we'll see how the next facehugger sculpt goes.

I'm actually really impressed. First giger draft i've seen. Looking from my giger book. I'd say you're pretty spot on. =]

Keep going, watching this thread. =]

Did a little more sketching while waiting on my supplies , I'm going to be using Monster Clay for the first time on a full sculpt .
IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

Giger would be proud!

I don't know how much detail is supposed to be on a sketch, but comparing to the concept the middle of it should have more height in that part around the spine, and the spine itself seems to be a bit skinnier, and curvier

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back