Completed Halo Light Rifle, STEEL and COPPER

Naughty Zoot

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my completed Light rifle project with you all. I had a chance to bring it around with me at San Diego Comiccon and lots of people had a chance to feel the heft of this beast.
She is 28lbs, made from cold-rolled steel welded and grinded and hand polished by myself. It took 500 hours and $2500 to bring this one to life but I am very happy with it and a lot of Halo fans got to try it out this last weekend.
Its on ebay now if you care to look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121700394522?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks everyone!
IMG_5799.jpgIMG_5774.jpgIMG_5807-2.jpgIMG_5861.jpgIMG_5866.jpgIMG_5871-Edit.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

More pics from Comiccon
20150710_100946(0).jpg20150710_100524.jpg
Cosplayers

- - - Updated - - -

20150710_131710.jpg20150710_131928.jpg20150710_155412.jpg
Brian T Delaney - Voice actor for Halo Ike Amadi - Voice of Spartan Locke Bonnie Ross of 343 Industries

As I've said before, truly an amazing work of art. A bargain anywhere below $10K. Are you really selling it without reserve? I didn't see a reserve not met tag on it.

Redshirt98

It was an honor to be able to hold it. It is a freaking beast of a rifle and would make a great mantle piece and conversation starter.

As I've said before, truly an amazing work of art. A bargain anywhere below $10K. Are you really selling it without reserve? I didn't see a reserve not met tag on it.

Redshirt98

Yep. I'm selling it without reserve. We'll see how it goes I guess. And thank you again for the compliments. It means a lot coming from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so very much! Its on ebay now if you'd like to have that conversation starter.

I would love to have that conversation starter because I know what the materials plus your hundreds of hours of labor are worth having been there with the Spartan Laser. Unfortunately, I'm under employed these days. You might want to post this in the Marketplace section of the 405th to draw more audience over to the auction. Likewise, contact Harrison Krix and see if he has any clientele that might be interested. Did 343i have any interest in purchasing it?

Refresh my memory. How many hours did you estimate this took?

Redshirt98

Hey Thanks again for the tips. I actually got done selling and shipping the piece off via ebay. I did my best to build connections at comiccon and through one of those came the eventual buyer. It did not sell for a grip of cash. In fact, I listed it pretty low and it only got one bid but the guy was so grateful and gracious he sent me an extra $1000. In all, I got my money back, no "profit", and I own the tools and a lot of good (and also painful memories). I'm OK with that. The fact that the new owner is so overjoyed makes it feel better for me.

To answer your question it took 500 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, what stunning work! I love the orange beam effect, mind sharing your secret?

Sure. No secret. Its cold cathode lighting (like small neon for computers or car ground effects) wrapped in a color gel (theater lighting filter plastic) slathered with clear epoxy and broken glass.

Sure. No secret. Its cold cathode lighting (like small neon for computers or car ground effects) wrapped in a color gel (theater lighting filter plastic) slathered with clear epoxy and broken glass.

Awesome, thanks for the response, hopefully I can get something similar to work on a future project.
I can't wait to see what you build up next!

Congrats on the sale...I can understand the $1000 toping on your initial price. It's worth much more in my opinion:cool

Are you willing to write out how you build it?
Would make me very happy :)

I'm very interested in how you pulled this awesome piece off

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back