[COMPLETE] The Visarch-Warhammer 40K

my bad, what I meant was the vanes and helmet are so distinctive you focus on them. im guessing with the vanes and helmet you gained a lot of height so going higher with boots/shoes will off balance you plus your have to duck going through doors lol

my bad, what I meant was the vanes and helmet are so distinctive you focus on them. im guessing with the vanes and helmet you gained a lot of height so going higher with boots/shoes will off balance you plus your have to duck going through doors lol
What I meant was that the colorful loincloth might distract from the helmet and vanes. If it doesn't work I'll add a bit of height with my shoes (what I wear on my back might be large, but it's really light).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Coming along quite nicely! Looking forward to seeing the end result, and the continuation of your other WH build!

Thanks !

I also started the collar. The larger parts on the sides are currently misplaced, they interfere with the shoulderplate. I originally planned on attaching the back part of he collar to the vanes, that's why I split it in three parts, but I might finally attach the entire collar to the chestplate, it turned out more practical...

20170912_201641.jpg
My shoulderplate is at the painting stage.

20170915_145417.jpg

It initially looked like this, and I didn't know what color use for the part still black (I had initially planned to make it look metallic). After trying a few different shades, I realized that my problem wasn't about the color, it was that the transition between the red part and the rest didn't feel natural, given the "semi-organic" texture I used.

That's why I added dimensional fabric paint again (yeah, mine is green, it's gonna be red of course), to make it look like the neck-guard part was "stuck" in the face part. I still don't know what color I should use, but I solved part of my problem.

20170915_233915.jpg
The purple part are staying that way, it's a recurrent color/pattern I chose for the non-red parts.

Loving seeing all this work.

I've always thought that the Eldar designs would be amazing to work with and it's great seeing someone going for it.

The little soul stones and the back vanes look incredible. The runes really add to the look of it all. Really looking forward to seeing more of it painted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic. I'd love to know how you got it to look like that. Is the streaking in the background added or part of the fabric?

Looks fantastic. I'd love to know how you got it to look like that. Is the streaking in the background added or part of the fabric?

Thank you ! No, it's part of the fabric. It's a scrap I got from the fabric store, it looks like it was originally part of a curtain.

I started my sword ! It was my first time using foam for one (it's not like I've made many swords anyway). I used an aluminum pipe as a core, sandwiched betwwen two layers of 5mm foam.

24291580_740937709448721_8948051557040893540_o.jpg

Sword looks great! I think a big accessory like that is going to help set off the big "wings" on the back and balance it out. Side bar speaking of wings: What costume is that in your new profile image? I can only see a thumbnail but those wings look amazing from what I can make out...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Sword looks great! I think a big accessory like that is going to help set off the big "wings" on the back and balance it out. Side bar speaking of wings: What costume is that in your new profile image? I can only see a thumbnail but those wings look amazing from what I can make out...

Thanks ! Yes, this and the long cape might help.

The profile picture my previous eldar build, Baharroth (made in February). It has a lot of defect and needs an upgraded version.

16992398_766225580224948_5753440658615061487_o.jpg

Thanks ! Yes, this and the long cape might help.

The profile picture my previous eldar build, Baharroth (made in February). It has a lot of defect and needs an upgraded version.

View attachment 779189
Very nice! Thanks, I hadn't seen that one before! Those wings look great, but I really like the simple black foam on the body suit. I've been stuck in 3D print mode in my head lately but that just gave me an idea for a costume I hadn't even known I wanted to make until now.lol

cool, how did it go with the finals what costume did you enter in (being nosy lol ) :D

Thanks ! The French Csoplay Cup is a contest were finalist are selected in each region of France. I was selected at the end of February with my Deathbrand armor from Skyrim (only half of the points are for the costume though, the other half is for the skit). The final competition will take place in Toulouse on December 1st, the participants have to create a new costume and a skit for the occasion. I chose to build Valkyr from the game Warframe.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back