Comlink w/ internals

Crap! Now I have to make another one, lol.

Nice. You could have built a real microphone inside :)

I want to find a comlink kit. I'd like to make some internals when you take off the front part and also be able to slide out the bottom portion which would have parts attached. Dang, there's so little room inside these things!

Last edited:
Crap! Now I have to make another one, lol.

I want to find a comlink kit. I'd like to make some internals when you take off the front part and also be able to slide out the bottom portion which would have parts attached. Dang, there's so little room inside these things!
:D

tumblr_inline_mlogyieErr1qz4rgp.gif

That looks fantastic I wanted to make something like that with some electronics too... I made mine hollow but still havent got to the electronicparts yet.

crossection
commlink.jpg

3d printed
TKcom.jpg

I also mde the Rebels comlink but its a single piece I might do the top and bottom approach to add electronics.

625x465_2752542_7149884_1414173526.jpg

Just realized the comlink looks like one of the model airplane engine cylinders, that they used for the grill on the front of the DL-44, with a Hovi-Mic part glued on top of it.

That's what they are... its the same engine cylinder and hovimics, im not sure on the bottom cap.

I seem to vaguely remember a debate about what the bottom cap was.

That's what they are... its the same engine cylinder and hovimics, im not sure on the bottom cap.

That comlink looks awesome! If you ever offer a nice 3 piece hollow or cross section kit I'd be all over that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back