Comic style batman... with muscle suit!

mracole

So, having attended a recent con, it dawned on me... all the batmen were wither from the nolan series, armoured, or comic style but skinny... time to put in my own input. Having looked at muscle suits on the market, i pretty much concluded i needed to make my own coz it would be a lot cheaper. The muscles seen here were carved in upholstery foam, mounted to the under shirt and then covered in a very thin upholstery foam. The plan is to make this suit into a very comic book looking suit, and that being successful, will use the muscle suit for a Dawn of Justice suit next year. Here's some WIP pics so far.. unsure why some are coming out upside down but can't seem to spin them around muscle6.jpgmuscle5.jpgmuscle4.jpgmuscle3.jpgmuscle2.jpg2015-08-17 15.04.46.jpg2015-08-17 17.01.27.jpg2015-08-17 17.06.02.jpg

Attachments

• muscle5 (2).jpg
    muscle5 (2).jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 193
Awesome stuff man! I made my own muscle suit too. I was thinking it was time to do another one. So I'll be watching this to see if I can learn a few new tips.

quick update - been testing and slimming down some sections today, needs a few more tweaks otherwise ready to move onto carving the legs and ordering the gear to cover these muscle7.jpg

You did a good job on it. The only thing is, when you put the compression gear over it you will be able to see that your muscles are not smooth. I ran into that problem when I did mine.

You did a good job on it. The only thing is, when you put the compression gear over it you will be able to see that your muscles are not smooth. I ran into that problem when I did mine.
nope, the thin upholstery foam with fabric backing which was stuck over the top really helped smooth it over.
Since the last update i've covered the muscle suit, added shading and cast up the shins and vambraces. here's some pics!
spray.jpgwip1.jpgwip2.jpgwip3.jpg

et voila! just needs sewing in on the back, pulling in a little on the chest and a cape
attachment.php

Attachments

• wip7.jpg
    wip7.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,400
Cheers. Here's a pic of the finished belt, though i may end up going back to it for some modifications
attachment.php

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,279
New update : chest symbol stuck down, test fitted the suit.... pretty damn happy. Cape to modify should arrive friday (i hope, already late) will post pics next week of the final suit. That said, will be upgrading to a pleather cape in october
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• bodysuittest1.jpg
    bodysuittest1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,170
  • bodysuittest2.jpg
    bodysuittest2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,166
What material do you use for the suit itself? I've been running into the problem of finding a decent body suit or how to make my own.
it's a compression gear set actually, belt hides the gap between. I added a zip to the back of the torso to allow me to get it on easier with the muscles

As for the final suit.. here's some later pics
final1.jpgfinal2.jpg

Just thought I'd post up a decent pic, Did a charity calendar photoshoot the other weekend and came away with this awesome shot :)
11141265_10153730306916209_5780525905398045297_o.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back