Comic Inspired Bio 2012/07/06 Updated Bane, Now Poison Ivy

hannay07

Jr Member
This is my first time ever making a custom painted bio. The cast of the helmet was originally a scar that I got from like ebay or amazon (cant really remeber). It was gold for some reason and did not have the scar on the center, thats why I decided to do the paint job. I also have to give credit to Ice because his subzero bio helmet planted the idea in my head. So here it is, a Carnage bio-helmet. I have ideas for some others as well. Everything on there is just a base coat for the colors. I still have to do a second coat and a clear coat. I am also going to add the lenses and mesh. Not sure if I will do the tri-lasers because I am woried of breaking the mask trying to make the holes.

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0093.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
gj, immediately i could tell who it was. you won't break the mask by just drilling holes for the lasers. that's what everybody else does. :)

Good to know. I just got the pepakura files I needed so in the next week or so I am going to take a shot at molding my own. First thing is first, got to finish this one lol. Thanks for the comments guys, makes me feel good. I will post some updated pics as soon as I have some.

So I just hit a delay on the completion of this helmet. Coming in from work and bringing it in to do more work on it, the helmet wall mount chain broke and the bio shattered!! I am going to try putting it back together with rubber cement, but I am missing a chip from the center top portion of the mouth! Wish me luck on the repairs.

Yeah, I saw this post after I had gotten some cheaper hobby glue. It kinda works, but not that great. I am having trouble getting the bottom half to stay together. I am giving it one more go before I go by some epoxy. I am hoping that with the glue, fresh paint, and a clear coat it will hold with out any problems. I got the lenses, and mesh for it and will be adding those after I do the clear coat. I am also going to use a huntorial that was sent to me to give it kind of a worn and weathered look. The wife agread that it would go well especially if the cracks are still visible. It will only be a show piece, I am currently working on a pep file helmet to mold until I get my skin and mask I ordered. Then I will start my suit build.

Just an update for everyone, the helmet is back together and I got the final paint and lenses done. This was my first time with the lenses, but I like the way it looks. The inside is a mess because because I had to use scrap pieces, I accidently cut the lenses to small. Oh well, live and learn though thats for sure. I hope you all like it. I will get a fresh pic when I get some lights installed.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2660]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2659]

So I know this is an older post (my first actually) but it seemed easier then creating a new one. Also it helps keep the clutter in the forum listing to a minimum. Well as the updated title says I am painting a new comic inspired bio. This time I am using xdmray's hunter for the base. I got it all trimmed up and looking pretty as well as primed. I did a slight outline of the main design because the base is going to be a very dark color. I am curious to see if anyone can guess what character I am doing. There is know prize or anything, just testing the comic nerds out there. The only hint I will give you is that I am giving DC some love this time around. More to come soon. Thanks for looking and I hope I peaked your curiosity :cool:

One quick update to see if you all can figure out who it is. This will be the last update until I finish him.

DSCF1033.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back