Comic Con Chicago 2011

Im heading there this year and its my first comic con. Im not sure what to expect. I know that its obviously going to be smaller than San Diego but will it host much the same stuff, props and such?

My gf and I are going Friday and Saturday
Already have a room booked....
They give a discounted hotel rate if you go through the wizard world site

Im heading there this year and its my first comic con. Im not sure what to expect. I know that its obviously going to be smaller than San Diego but will it host much the same stuff, props and such?

If you're expecting ANYTHING like SanDiago, you're in for a HUGE disappointment.

The Chicago convention is basically a large, small-town con which sometimes hits big with guests (this year is the exception, not the rule).

That's not to say you won't have fun, but don't except big-name booths (last time I went Wizards of the Coast and Dell was there), great panels with your favorite casts, etc. They have some stars, some panels, and some dealers and a LOT of comic artists.

Well I'm pretty pumped to go to a con and I'm glad to see members here will be there. I think a meet up would be cool if we can. I'm going on Saturday the 13th.

Also, technically it's "Wizard World" (not at all related to Comic Con in San Diego).

I'll probably go on Friday the 12th (if I can get a day off, otherwise I'll go Saturday).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back