Colorado Members: Return of the Jedi at Red Rocks!

These are always fun.
Going to see Return Of The Jedi tonight at Wolf Trap in Northern Virginia suburb of Washington DC. The National Symphony Orchestra performing the score live to picture. They do a few of these every year. Jurassic Park in 2 weeks at same venue.

TESB is my Holy Grail for one of these. I missed it when it occurred here.
Did get to see Raiders Of The Lost Ark with the NSO at Wolf Trap a few years back and that might have been the best a I’ve seen. Cracking movie, great score and the orchestra and conductor were really locked in and on top form that night.
I’ve also seen the Lord Of The Rings films performed over three consecutive years with orchestra and full chorus. That’s an epic experience.

IMG_8156.jpeg

Here’s the setup tonight.
Interesting thing I learned 2 weeks ago when the same National Symphony Orchestra played a concert of music from all 9 Star Wars films at The Kennedy Center.
The conductor said that on loan to the NSO were snare drums and trumpets that were used by the London Symphony Orchestra on the original Star Wars soundtrack recording in 1977. Pretty cool. Small world.

View attachment 1717383
Here’s the setup tonight.
Interesting thing I learned 2 weeks ago when the same National Symphony Orchestra played a concert of music from all 9 Star Wars films at The Kennedy Center.
The conductor said that on loan to the NSO were snare drums and trumpets that were used by the London Symphony Orchestra on the original Star Wars soundtrack recording in 1977. Pretty cool. Small world.
Saw A NEW HOPE last year. Empire this year and Jedi next year. Can't wait!
It truly is AMAZING.:love:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back