Colonial Movers - Hand 'o God style

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Making a studio scale Colonial Movers, but CM seen in the New BSG "Hand of God" episode... so there will be 12 baby Vipers in the cargo container!

6110832624_5f33eafdfa_o.jpg

More pics as this bad boy progresses...

This will look pretty cool as a display for sure!

I actually was in contact with someone when i was putting mine together that had been and still is doing the same as you are doing with yours there. I haven't spoken with him in some time now but he'd still be plugging along on it when he has time.

Do you plan to do the Movers itself based on the original movers or the cgi version that had some different part's in areas? Some of which are probably not even part's that would require scratching something up for.

It's going to look pretty good no doubt what you'll crank out (i've seen some of your other works. LOL) so this will be one to watch for sure.

They are grown from the studio files!

Wombat - I am doing it new series style, without the reefer... talked to Lee Stringer about the new version, since he built it for the show. He said it was as accurate as he could make it at the time - so any details omitted are pretty minor. The paint job will be very similar, too!

Subscribed to thread: check.:)

Great little Vipers Jason, they will look cool all parked inside the container. I guess you can mount the container body so that it appears to be floating away, revealing the ships?

But I have to say, the CM is a rite of passage for studio scale Galactica builders. I really does make an impressive display. Nit many people don't remember the 'We Move Anywhere' ship!

MIke

Aw...man....that's cheating.....:lol:lol:lol

I swear that's how I feel sometimes. But hey, it's the way.

I just got into this stuff and now see huge potential.

It's sort of given me a shot in the arm to go back to models.

Wombat - I am doing it new series style, without the reefer... talked to Lee Stringer about the new version, since he built it for the show. He said it was as accurate as he could make it at the time - so any details omitted are pretty minor. The paint job will be very similar, too!

That can be a fun part the painting and weathering on this build for sure. Can't say i've ever really studied what Lee made for the show but it sure did look the part that we all remember from TOS. He did a great job really and even more so if he didn't have the reference that i know does exist for this build. I do remember the other person doing the HOG version mentioning and showing me things that obviously Lee just did the best he could with. He planned to try and replicate those things for his own build even though it was stuff that was needing to be scratched rather than what was ID'd later on the original miniature.

Should look really killer! Those Vipers look great and that was good thinking doing them in clear so you can have the cockpit's illuminated. Not sure how you do the markings on something so small but i'll be watching as i'll need pointers for the ones i got for the SS G.

Again, looking forward to seeing this one come together.:cool

Well, I've painted them opaque, framed the canopies with slivers of white vinyl hand-laid in sections, laid decals with a daub of Future Floor Polish, and then I will weather them. All of this was done in between other steps on other models over a period of weeks, to prevent blindness...

L1110722.jpg

Fantastic, I just love the little buggers!:cool

So, they are permanently attached to the post van floor panel? That looks really nice, Jason!

Mike

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back