Colonial Marines M577 APC 1/20th scale

Re: Aliens M577 APC BUILD.

Thanks guys working on a rotocast machine and finishing up on the build. once I make the molds of all the pieces I then can glue every thing down, I wish the big P-51 Mustang in the background was a Dropship Lol, Hmmm........

Last edited by a moderator:

Well here is a shot of the parts breakdown of the kit it will be 23 pieces and it is 16 and a half inches long with the turret up so it is about 1/20th scale I will be doing 5 kits to see the demand on it after that we'll take it from there the kit will be $225 plus shipping about $15 to $20 for the U.S. higher for overseas if interested drop me a line here or contact me at Rayp22@gmail.com
take care,
Ray.

I'd like to get one. I'll send you a PM, and email just to make sure you get it. Hopefully the shipping cost is not prohibitive to Canada.

Hey Ray,

This is one kit that hopefully falls in the "high demand" category! Wow!! I collect 1/18th scale diecast cars from TV/movies and at 1:20th it's close enough to be "must have" item!!

I've got a couple questions for you about it:

What did you end up doing for the windshield?

And, will it come as pictured or need to be painted?

GREAT WORK!!

:thumbsup

Thanks Dave, well the windshield will have the frame and a clear insert would be put in and the kit wouldn't come painted unless the buyer wanted it done for extra, the master was just painted with a olive drab primer I found. I'm looking to start molding within a couple of weeks I want to do a couple of refinements and I'm reworking the wheels.

Well just when I thought I was done with this I'm not I was not satisfied with the look of it.:sick Two major issues the top of the hull was to flat the real APC has a slant from the front all the way to the missle covers and it is one continuous flat plate, then the nose didnt look right the bumper area with the lights has this drop down low stance. Once I figured the problem areas I got the dremel out and started hacking it up I said I hope I don't screw this up and I am glad with the 2 days of work, :lol the front was redone its has sharper lines and the low stance and the top hull has the slant it looks like a bigger version of the Halcyon APC, this will be molded within the next couple of weeks.

Just a couple of shots showing it sanded and primered and mocked up with some parts, a 100% better looking than before I think glad I chopped her up will add the side pieces tomorrow then do the front and then its a wrap.

She's getting close to taking that silicone bath,:lol Just a little tweaking and the hull is done. :thumbsup

I could do the smaller pieces already cosmic I have a few done already but I want to do the hull within the next two weeks. I've been working on this for the past week about 5-6 hours a day, I want to see this casted just as bad as you Lol and I appreciate everyones support and interest it has kept me going at times. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Ray I can't believe I missed this build.... Probably because I'm mainly looking for Star Wars stuff, but this is a fantastic build man. So much so that I would like to get a kit when you are done please. If that's ok.

Simon.

Thanks Simon and no problem, Once I get the parts casted I will make the proper announcement in the junkyard, working on it now as we speak, take care
Ray.

Last edited:

Its down to the final stretch on the hull modificatons, which gave it a more accurate look and stance just need to measure the bottom plate and put in the the headlight inserts, cant have any open holes while molding she's got to be water tight like a sub.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back