Interest Cold Cast Rocketeer helmet

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing for a while. But I've been working on getting the cold casting just right.

The straight brass powder was just too... Brassy for me. So after several tests, I came up with, what I think, is a great color. It's a mixture of brass with some bronze powder, with some paint wash. These images are all of the same puck, but under different lightning sources, compared to images of the screen used helmet.

What are y'all's thoughts??
IMG_20200714_005148.jpg
IMG_20200714_005459.jpg
IMG_20200714_005903.jpg

What’s the origin of the helmet? You seem to skip those questions about it
he has a work in progress thread here detailling everything:

What’s the origin of the helmet? You seem to skip those questions about it
Not intentionally, sorry about that. Yes you can see all my documented progress on my WIP thread, but the TL;DR is I bought a file on Etsy, from a member here on the rpf, and just like rebroadcasting games of the NLF, I got his express written consent to mold, cast, and sell copies of his helmet after making my changes to the file. He's my partner in this deal, as he gets a commission from every helmet sold.

So an update- I'm having trouble with the cold casting process, in a sense. The actual cold casting works, but the fin has been giving me seam lines, which can easily be fixed with sanding and putty, but that kinda defeats the purpose of cold casting.

So, while I continue to get this to work every time, I just gotta ask- would anyone be interested in this helmet as just a resin cast, or painted? Not cold cast?

I'm certainly up for knowing what the price of the resin only one would be.

That said, I personally don't have any time requirements on my interest. So I'm not in a situation where I need/want the helmet ASAP regardless of material. So waiting for a fully done cold cast is fine in my books.

I'm certainly up for knowing what the price of the resin only one would be.

That said, I personally don't have any time requirements on my interest. So I'm not in a situation where I need/want the helmet ASAP regardless of material. So waiting for a fully done cold cast is fine in my books.

I think a painted final with gold rub and buff would be totally fine for me. I love the idea of cold cast, but it’s not a necessity. I just want a really good version of this helmet. Never had one.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back