Coins of the 'Verse...

Originally posted by Treadwell@Jan 29 2006, 04:27 AM
LMK if you want to trade dupes. :)
[snapback]1170824[/snapback]​
I may indeed. :D

I'll try & sort through what I have & then PM you with pix of my duplicates. If I don't get back with you in a couple of days, PM me. I'm forgetful imo.

Picked these up today. No idea if they're screen accurate in any way, I just thought they "fit in" (pictured front/front, back/back):

Picked these up today. and some tallcards (see other thread). :D They were even in the first place I looked. I'll scour a few more shops next weekend, and grab any duplicates I can if someone is interested. Are any particularly hard to find?

fireflycoins.JPG

Thanks to WC for hosting pics.

My stocks have increased:
fireflycoins_1.JPG

I now have 5 accurate different coins and one that seems pretty close. I haven't had much trouble finding the other four in the picture, and may have leads on a couple more. I can also find a good number that aren't screen-accurate, but have the right look. If anyone is interested, PM me. :D

Yep, definitely saw a few more out there tonight. I'll try to pick them up and update tomorrow. I love having a prop to chase down. :angel

Guys, I've just seen two more coins on the other thread that I know I can get. :confused This is all happening so quickly it's crazy... crazy good. :lol

I'm way closer to having a full set, and some of you will be soon, too. This is the best weekend I've spent hunting for things all year.

Another day, another few "Verse dollars...

I found more accurate coins available today, some of them earmarked for people already. I've got a few sets of eight available, as well as duplicate coins and the cards, too. Check the JY for info. Here's what I've got so far:

starterset.JPG

My package just arrived from China today.
I printed out some quickie bills just to pretty up the background.

coins.jpg

and here are my extra coins. They are the same size as the others, so I may just use em to fill the stacks and make em look bigger.

morecoins.jpg

How's this for the ideal coin for the Serenity crew - perfectly in character if not strictly cannon.

Heads...

[attachmentid=9368]

or erm ... heads ...

[attachmentid=9369]

Andy

Re: Coins of the 'Verse...

A buddy calls me up this morning & says: "You know those coins you showed me on that prop site you're always going to? I'm at the flea market, & this lady here has a bunch of them."

So I got dressed & drove over there post haste. And I am now happier than a pig in fei hua:

And I couldn't care less if they are counterfeit or not. :D :D :D :D :D

FYI, the photos are laid out to show the coins front/back, front/back.

I picked up a whole handful myself at a mountain man rendezvous of all places. I think the guy was a little concerned that I wanted 'fakes' so badly.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back