close to screen accurate p1

hey all,
thanks for the support and comments :D i had the surgery today and am home now and tired and sore as hell hahaha, but the doc said ill be outta the sling in about 6 weeks and will be able to resume normal activities then :D so, expect some updates to start bein cranked out then :eek: love yall, and again, thanks for your support and prayers B)

-zach

Good choice sculpting this over a Mannequin. It will help get it just right.

Your texture is coming along nicely, I would recomend breaking up the uniformity a little. It makes it a bit more realistic, take a look at some reptile skin pictures on google and you will see what I mean. Nothing in nature is perfect.

This is gonna be really cool when finished.

And here is a tid bit to help you where I failed in my sculpt. Make sure you add extra room for shrinkge of the latex rubber.

I made my later upper torso skins only 2 inchs larger than my body measurements, and it shrunk down and turned out to be too small. I am working it out but it is more work.

If you can sculpt extra room into the back so you can zip it up that would be ideal. Look at it this way, you can always cut the excess from the back and put the zipper in.

And here is a tid bit to help you where I failed in my sculpt. Make sure you add extra room for shrinkge of the latex rubber.

I made my later upper torso skins only 2 inchs larger than my body measurements, and it shrunk down and turned out to be too small. I am working it out but it is more work.

If you can sculpt extra room into the back so you can zip it up that would be ideal. Look at it this way, you can always cut the excess from the back and put the zipper in.
when you say extra room, do you mean like in diameter or length? or both for that matter? which way does the latex shrink? cause this is my first time with anything like this really and i've seen that a couple times on other threads... if my waist is a 30, what should the sculpt waist be?

please and thank you for the advice, and for the reptilian skin, would that be for the skin itself or for the scales? cause ive already done the scales on that one leg and i dont wanna have to do them over again, but if you say theyll look better the other way than i will quickly go back and tune it up some....

thanks for the advice and help, i love you guys and want anything comment or critiquing wise you got for me

-zach

when you say extra room, do you mean like in diameter or length? or both for that matter? which way does the latex shrink? cause this is my first time with anything like this really and i've seen that a couple times on other threads... if my waist is a 30, what should the sculpt waist be?
alright, so after some use of the search button both here, and on google :rolleyes: , i've found the answer to my question and im so happy that this issue was brought to my to my attention, thank you tins meangene! i've found that the waist itself needs to be about 1 1/2 inches larger in "circumference" and that the legs were fortunately just about perfect and i wont really need to adjust them in their circumference, and based on measurements and the help of my father the mathematician, i found that all the lengths and major widths of things will all, if they shrink the normal percentage, should fit perfectly to me :cry: how lucky was that...

also, in that i havent been able to do any sculpting, i've started on the sketches and outlines and "blue prints", if you will, of the mechanical/anamotronic system for the mandibles ;) i've done some research and looked at tons of designs here on the layer, and finally it occurred to me that the mandibles are very similar to a hand extension and i combined what i learned about that with the like 2 pictures of the pages from grudserk, i've heard that his masks actually arent that great in quality, but ive found what makes them tick and altered it to my own ramifications... anyways, that concept build should be taking place in just a bit, and i'll let everyone know how it goes, im hoping well...

-zach

hey all,
its been a god awfully boring past five and a half weeks, but i was cleared yesterday to return to sculpting ;) , so naturally having missed it so much i went home and spent roughly 2 hours on the sculpt first thing ... anyhow, heres a few pics of what i got done yesterday before i passed out on the couch haha... i've covered the inner right leg now and have almost reached the needed length and went ahead and started adding bumps to keep from being to bored or sore afterwards...

100_3099.jpg

100_3100.jpg

love yall, thanx for the support and comments and critiques, they are so appreciated on this journey

-zach

hi all,
its been a while, but i finally finished the upper legs, i will post pics as soon as i can, but for now i have a question for any and all who can answer:

is there an alternative to mold making than the gypsum cement method? cause the gypsum is not the lightest weight thing and can have a tendency to crack on me when i trying to work quick.... please help me out, any advice and suggestions are welcome. ive been off several months due to my surgery and its time i kick it into high gear if i have any hope of finishing in time.

thanks all, again, i appreciate any suggestions

-zach

if money is no object you can use silicone to get your mould ,but you will need a jacket to support it!ie fibreglass or plaster,im sure other guys will jump in here and help you out,keep going and good luck fella!!!

aight, well heres the pics i promised:

finlegs2.jpg

finlegs3.jpg

finlegs4.jpg

finishedlegs1.jpg

again, any advice on the molds would be appreciate, or ill just do it the old fashion hard way lolz

love yall

-zach

hey alll,

heres another small update.... i managed to crank this out today :D ... sorry bout the quality, i took it with my phone (y)

anyways, its self explanatory what it is hahaha sooo:

compgaunttop.jpg

compared to my reference:

bombtop1.jpg

all comments, critiques, and so forth are much obliged and welcome
keep in mind tho that i did put a few of my own simplifications and twists on it

thanx,
-zach

Looking great, Zach. I'm all about putting little spins on projects. Any other work finished on the legs?
unfortunately, not at the moment :lol: ... i still need my mold supplies to arrive before i can make more progress on those... but ive started the upper body while i wait :D and well, the comp gaunt top too (y)

well heres to hopin... ive been havin a bit of a trouble lately with my molds, not there faults, i just cant seem to get it together (y) ..... and the seal around the bottom of my comp top mold broke so it started leaking some.... im just hopin no air bubbles and enough to cover the surface is left, if soooo ill thicken it back up with caulking later.... but im a little worried now :lol: wish me luck plz :lol:

Well, bring on the torso pics, brother! Freakin' tease! :lol:
and aight bro, just let me get the camera back from my friend tomorrow haha, but theres not much done its a teaser by itself :D but ill grab some pics when i get my camera :lol:

well heres the finished gaunt top... molded, casted, painted oh my hahaha
finishedtoppluspaint.jpg

compared to its reference
bombtop1.jpg

enjoy ;)
-zach

p.s. ill be puttin up pics of the torso (well left arm :rolleyes: ) later today...

love yall

okay, so in the making of leg molds, im wonderin if anyone would be interested in me making multiple copies of the legs to be put up for sale??

anyways, molding compounds should be here in a couple days, i look forward to making some more progress finally

thanks for all the support ive gotten so far, it really is whats keepin me goin on this now :lol:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back