CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

Maul returns??!???!WTF!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Okay then the Emperor survived as well somehow. Booooooooooooooo!!!! Okay, The clone wars series can´t be taken serios from me anymore.

Well, according to Dark Horse comics, the emperor DID survive, in the Dark Empire series. He transferred his mind to a clone of himself.

Just watched it on my DVR. Not bad. Wizard of Oz all the way. Again...just kind of eh for me. The action and pace will probably be cranked up to maximum once the 4 part series starts. Those make for some good half hour clips.

Well, according to Dark Horse comics, the emperor DID survive, in the Dark Empire series. He transferred his mind to a clone of himself.

Did they ever explain why he didn't transfer his mind into a clone of someone a little less... aesthetically challenged?

I mean, if you're going to be the most powerful man in the universe, there have got to be some self indulgent perks. It can't ALL be about more power and destroy this or that all the time.

Well, if the saber cauterized the cut, and they found the top half and cyborged him, then I guess he could have survived.

There was a collection of short comic stories around the release of ROTS (Visionaries) that featured just that. Maul came after Obi Wan on Tattooine, and was half droid. It also explained how Luke's landspeeder got beat up and why Uncle Owen didn't like Obi Wan much.

Did they ever explain why he didn't transfer his mind into a clone of someone a little less... aesthetically challenged?

I mean, if you're going to be the most powerful man in the universe, there have got to be some self indulgent perks. It can't ALL be about more power and destroy this or that all the time.

Yup, he gets a dapper young body, but it breaks down quickly so he looks old and gross fairly rapidly. The young clone Emperor in the comics is pretty suave, actually.

Quick question: Are the Clone Wars available on DVD? I think I only have the first Clone Wars DVD and I think it was just a mini series or something. Haven't touched it in a long time.

I'd like to buy the first three seasons. I have "The Clone Wars" DVD. It's the CG episode where Asoka and the entire story is introduced. Just looking to get everything else, but don't know where to look.

So first act is Gulliver's Travels then act 2 is The Wizard of Oz, then act 3 is, somehow Adi escapes from Grevious with her lightsaber and some clones, meets up with the boarding party and everyone is peachy. Guess you can't have a good one every time.

I'd like to buy the first three seasons. I have "The Clone Wars" DVD. It's the CG episode where Asoka and the entire story is introduced. Just looking to get everything else, but don't know where to look.

Here's season 1 on Amazon, with links to 2 and 3 on the page:

Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season One: Dee Bradley Baker, James Arnold Taylor, Corey Burton, Matthew Wood, Catherine Taber, Terrence 'T.C.' Carson, Tom Kane, Matt Lanter, Nika Futterman, Gwendoline Yeo, Ashley Eckste

So, we're 2 eposides past the underwater/Jar Jar stuff and into a 4-part story, I was surprised at the lack of chatter here about the new shows.

I haven't even finished Friday's episode yet...and I don't care. It's just more of the same action stuff punctuated by some weak attempt to deal with the clones' characterization in the face of this jerk of a general. But the thing is, he's SUCH a jerk I can't even see him as a jedi. The writers went way too far. And the folding lightsaber handles are the most ridiculous fan-fiction crap I've seen in ages. It's like a three-year old cooked it up. What next, lightsaber nunchucks? Ugh.

I vote lightsaber fork. I think they were trying to show how Yoda said the Jedi were becoming arrogant. I think that general was walking firmly over the line in Dark Side territory though. They should have had Rex stand up to him more and tell him Jedi or not, he'd blast him if he made another bad decision like that.

yep...I just ain't diggin' it any more. Not sure if it's me that the course has been run out on, or just the fact that the shows this season are sub-par. :confused

I still tune in for the new ones and the new Thundercats episodes. The "Roberbil" episode was a real bummer. I hated the original one and with this new series I had to have sub titles on just to understand what the hell they were saying....:unsure

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back