CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

I felt it was better then the last 2 episodes, but so far the first 3 shows in this 4-part have been the same story:
-Jedi General treats Clones like dirt
-Jedi General has a stupid, arrogant attack plan
-Clones hate Jedi General, talk bad about him
-Rex struggles with his feelings for his men and doing his duty
-Clones come up with their own plan
-Jedi General is too stupid to see why plan is a good idea
-Against orders, Clones do whatever they want
-Plan works, Jedi General has egg on his face

I hope part 4 has a different story.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Anakin is going to come back and stand up to that four armed jerk before he tries to execute the clones. My nephew says he's going to the Dark Side.

BTW, did anyone notice the new Republic fighters that looked like a cross between the prototype X-Wing model and a Z-95 Headhunter? I thought at first they were ARC-170s, but someone at Starship Modeler posted screencaps of them.

I'm really expecting the clones to either frag that general or for him to turn out to be a separatist/sith agent. I'll be glad when they get back to a format more like previous seasons.

is it just me, or does the 4 armed general sound/act a lot like Grievous? Could he be infiltrating the clone ranks?

This is the TRUTH! I honestly wouldn't be suprised by this the way this series has been going...

I have to agree, this past episode was the best one this season, I'm still waiting for Delta Squad to make an appearance.

IMHO those are The Clone Wars Interpretation of a Z-95. I think When Anakin returns he's going to hand Krell his ass. And since no one said it, R.I.P. Hardcase.

I am unbashful in my love for the show. Even through the senate committee on interest rates I pushed through.

This current arc has been my favorite story in a long time. The clones are the part of the series I'm interested in. How they go from loyal soldiers to Order 66 is something I've wanted to see done since RotS came out. I feel like this story is showing the first signs of how they become all too willing to blast their generals on command. Programming has never done it for me... I've always wanted more :)

I do love the clone arc so far. I think they started going in that direction in the episode where Rex is injured and meets an AWOL clone who has a family. That's one of the great parts of the Republic Commando novels is they deal with the same thing about how the clones aren't treated like they're humans.

I can't wait to see when Anakin gets back either. I think he'll chew him out even though that guy is a Master. They're still Anakin's soldiers though.

For me it was more or less, first i still don't know understand why they are trying to make the clone trooper like human with mental conflict, honor, respect, feelings...ect...because in ROTS when they got the 66 order they just shoot to kill all the jedi, woman jedi, young jedi.....most of them they shoot on back of the jedi, they didn't think twice, they just killed them. Now they have feeling , honor,they are not droids, they just follow order is the order is right.....please
Other than that i just like a few stories and the action on clone wars.

For me it was more or less, first i still don't know understand why they are trying to make the clone trooper like human with mental conflict, honor, respect, feelings...ect...because in ROTS when they got the 66 order they just shoot to kill all the jedi, woman jedi, young jedi.....most of them they shoot on back of the jedi, they didn't think twice, they just killed them. Now they have feeling , honor,they are not droids, they just follow order is the order is right.....please
Other than that i just like a few stories and the action on clone wars.

I always got the feeling Order 66 was like a post hypnotic kind of order, one that they were not ever aware of until it was given to them and then they had to do what it said.

As for this episode, I suspect the Jedi guy was really Sith or at least leaning towards that because there's no way Jedi would let that kind of ***** order men to their deaths like that.

I see it as the 'newer' they are the more they follow orders blindly. But then some of these followed Order 66 too. But then the force can be used against weak minds. Old Obi-wan used it against stormtroopers, so maybe the Emperor 'brought them back into line' before he gave the order.

[I just realized Order 66 is another Lucas 'car-ism'. Route 66 is a famous cross country road. Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen are an old rock and roll band.]

I see it as the 'newer' they are the more they follow orders blindly. But then some of these followed Order 66 too. But then the force can be used against weak minds. Old Obi-wan used it against stormtroopers, so maybe the Emperor 'brought them back into line' before he gave the order.

Again I liked how Karen Traviss handled Order 66 in the Republic Commando novels. Regular troopers are basically imprinted to follow orders no matter what. Commanders, ARC Troopers, and Commandos are given more free thought because they often have to operate independently where no one can give them orders. So in those books, and I think the Vader novel, you have some Commando units either refuse to follow orders (and attack Vader, who they don't know like the Jedi in that book) or question the order. The regular clones just recognize the order as the order that the Jedi turned on them.

BTW, why was Hardcase (I think that was him) still being arrested at the end? Was it because he shot the Jedi or because he disobeyed Rex's orders? Clearly Krell was not a Jedi at that point, so from a military stand point it did make sense to kill him to protect the info he had.

I always got the feeling Order 66 was like a post hypnotic kind of order, one that they were not ever aware of until it was given to them and then they had to do what it said.

That's what I always kind of though as well. Kind of like a Manchurian Candidate kind of thing.

BTW, why was Hardcase (I think that was him) still being arrested at the end?

Hardcase is the clone that sacrificed himself to bring down the supply ship or whatever it was. Dogma is the one you're thinking about. Was he arrested or just led away? I can't remember now.

Again I liked how Karen Traviss handled Order 66 in the Republic Commando novels. Regular troopers are basically imprinted to follow orders no matter what. Commanders, ARC Troopers, and Commandos are given more free thought because they often have to operate independently where no one can give them orders. So in those books, and I think the Vader novel, you have some Commando units either refuse to follow orders (and attack Vader, who they don't know like the Jedi in that book) or question the order. The regular clones just recognize the order as the order that the Jedi turned on them.

BTW, why was Hardcase (I think that was him) still being arrested at the end? Was it because he shot the Jedi or because he disobeyed Rex's orders? Clearly Krell was not a Jedi at that point, so from a military stand point it did make sense to kill him to protect the info he had.
well, based on the information from the novels you gave us (sorry I don't like to read Star Wars novels) Clone troopers are Like droids, some are programed to follow orders not matter what, and others
programed to have free choice depend of the situation.
From my point of view that is another crazy excuse to develop more clone trooper' story = $$$$$$$$
Ep1,2,3,4,5,and 6 all troopers followed orders good or bad it still an order, they only two trooper that were diferent from the others were Han and Luke when they were using armor trooper.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back