CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

Maulfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It was cool episode, but i don't want to see Asooka at all, she is great character but she is not exist in the Star Wars' trilogy, it is not fair that she is getting credits for saving a lot missions more than our originals Star Wars heroes.

cayman shen

Master Member
Obi was absolutely stalling. Once Anakin was set, he used the force to mash those droids like it was nothing. His demeanor changed to cool, smirking confidence. He grabbed his lightsaber with the force. No way that guy was whaling on Obi like that and Obi wasn't feigning weakness.

The animation is getting much more detailed...I love the lock of hair that falls out of place while Obi is getting thrashed.

hokie1

Ashoka does not exist in the current trilogy....yet. I am assuming that when the new 3D version of ROTS comes out Lucas will add a quick CGI scene to the Order 66 montage showing her being killed by her own troops. I assume she will be made a Jedi Knight sometime soon in the Clone Wars.

Just my two cents....

bevbor

Imho, Ahsoka death will be much more complicated than just Order 66 execution. Darth Sidious all the time is trying to depress Skywalker's spirit. Remember? He reminds Anakin's mother death, incident with sand people on Tatooine and other Anakin's faults to turn him into anger. I think Darht Sidious will adjust some trap for Ahsoka. She will be forced to disobey orders, fail some important mission, as result many people will be killed, Jedi Order will judge her dangerous and expell Ahsoka out. Skywalker will be insulted as failed teacher and will get more angry - what Darth Sidious exactly need to turn him to the Dork Side a lil faster.

Just my 2 cents.

cayman shen

Master Member
She's turned into one of Star Wars most appealing characters. Lucas may keep her around.
Funny since many, myself included, found her insufferably irritating in the movie. But over the years, yeah she just feels natural, like she fits. I really credit the writers of this show with adding some substantial contributions to the SW universe in the form of, among other things, Ahsoka and the clones.

Sluis Van Shipyards

Master Member
Yeah I agree. When I saw the movie I was thinking that she would be the Jar Jar of the Clone Wars. She's turned out to be a little bad*ss! I have a feeling that she will escape Order 66 somehow. In the last episode when Anakin is questioning the slaver on his ship she gave a little shocked look when she saw how angry Anakin was. So maybe she will start seeing the signs and leave. I can't see Lucas killing off a character tons of little kids like.

SithLord

Sr Member
Just caught up through iTunes on the 3rd season.

I would have never guessed that Gungan saliva is waterproof, and also acts as a bonding adhesive. I guess the mystery of how they built Otoh Gunga has been solved. :)

I wasn't too enamored with that shark-headed henchman of Dooku. I am trying to imagine the conversation with George Lucas and David Filoni:

George: We need a henchman of Dooku that can live underwater.

David: Well what kind of animals live underwater that would be considered evil?

George: How about a shark?

David: Ok, great we'll go with that. How should it look?

George: Put a shark's head on a humanoid body.

David: Ok, great, thanks!

:confused

0neiros

Master Member
Oh please, great villain, think about it, he and his henchmen were going to Execute the Prince by EATING HIM!!! I was going YEESH! at the implications there. Hungry? Grab a prisoner or 2 OMNOMNOMNOM.

The BDK

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just caught up through iTunes on the 3rd season.

I would have never guessed that Gungan saliva is waterproof, and also acts as a bonding adhesive. I guess the mystery of how they built Otoh Gunga has been solved. :)

I wasn't too enamored with that shark-headed henchman of Dooku. I am trying to imagine the conversation with George Lucas and David Filoni:

George: We need a henchman of Dooku that can live underwater.

David: Well what kind of animals live underwater that would be considered evil?

George: How about a shark?

David: Ok, great we'll go with that. How should it look?

George: Put a shark's head on a humanoid body.

David: Ok, great, thanks!

:confused

If you think that was bad, imagine how the meeting went on what to do with the guy at the end of the episdoe.

David: So, we made this bad guy, they lose the fight what do we do have him become a POW, escape, kill him what do ya want George?

George: 1 Word. Jaws.

David: Uhhhhhh Ok.

Lando

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
is it me or is ahsoka becoming quite the Jedi, she's been kicking butt lately

Guri

Sr Member
Just watched last weeks with my kids. We had a big debate.

So, Anakin is against slavery in a big way - people who are bought and sold and work for others and who don't have a choice...

Eh... CLONE TROOPERS!

At the same time my kids say they are people with their differences and love what they do, it is also true that they are ALL programmed to love it and they are programmed to kill the Jedi at some point - so, are they REALLY free?

Aren't Clone Troopers all just brain washed slaves?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Master Member
I can't believe I didn't see that contradiction. I wonder if that's how they intended that to come across?

Again those themes are discussed in the RC books, but I didn't even think about it in that context with Anakin. BTW, if you haven't read them, most of the Mandalorians who trained the clones found this as another reason to hate Jedi.

Mullreel

I am enjoying this season more than any previous.........and the clone/slave comparison is definitly fleshed out in the RC novels.

terryr

Sr Member

Aren't Clone Troopers all just brain washed slaves?
They can't help it. They were born that way.

And the Jedi didn't make them, I guess you could say. The Emperor did, to have an army of ..slaves.

But yeah, they are supposed to love their life as soldiers. Something like Spartans.
Also, they are supposed to be docile, and yet being a good fighter requires being aggressive. So they would start to leak free will.
Lucas might be brilliant. All Earths soldiers are young men, who blindly follow their leaders, until they start to think about it. Old men would make poor soldiers, mentally speaking.

cayman shen

Master Member
I think it's clear that Anakin treats his clones as humans and with respect. Yes, they are slaves in every sense, so that doesn't excuse him. Watto didn't seem like an overly bad fellow either. However, and not to be a PT apologist, because it is hopelessly broken, one theme that was established, at the heart of the downfall of the jedi, was the hypocrisy and blindness inherent in hubris.

CW is superior to the PT in my eyes, but it can only work within the parameters established. The clones are there...they have to be used. Having said that, the writers seem to have created a situation where Anakin engenders their authentic, uncoerced, unprogrammed and genuine loyalty, mitigating the contradiction...somewhat.

Oh, and the last episode was great.