Clone Trooper Blaster Help

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

DC-15S Carbine Blaster is hiding from me. Old builds with dead photos and I only found one from 2012.​

I found the plans on White Armor however zero guides or build logs. I find that really hard to believe seeing how Clones from the 501 use them. I do not want a kit, I want to make my own. Seeing how I successfully scratch built my E11 , I know I can make this one.

If anyone has links to builds with pictures shown (not dead files), please share.

I went all over here, White armor and now the 501 Clone troopers site.
Apparently this is such an old build, the links are now dead. Most are using kits or buying them.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

I don't want a kit. I see there use to be scratch builds however they're too old now for photos to show

It's kind of a double dc15a. One half gets turned around and flipped upside down if I remember correctly. So if you find something on the DC15-A that should help.

Last edited:
Clone_trooper_squad.png

This is the one

The nomenclature is a little inconsistent. I used to call the long one "DC-15" and the short one "DC-15S", but apparently both the long and short are sometimes called "DC-15" or "DC-15A".

You can always buy one of those nerf versions of it Hasbro made and then modify it from there. At least it will give you a starting point for scale.

Since the clones where all CG was there ever an actual prop made?
(I haven't watched the movies since they came out)

Also since you have made a E-11, I would use that as a reference starting point on scale and just collect as many screen caps as possible and go from there.

BTW a quick google search shows lots of builds and images of 3D parts and how to assemble them (like an exploded view of any other gun).

(I haven't watched the movies since they came out)

Also since you have made a E-11, I would use that as a reference starting point on scale and just collect as many screen caps as possible and go from there.

BTW a quick google search shows lots of builds and images of 3D parts and how to assemble them (like an exploded view of any other gun).
I have been referencing google and other searches to help me out. I have the plans but was hoping to find at least one build log showing how they are using the plans. The plans are nothing more than prints with dimensions which are great, but I do like seeing progress points to help me along

This is my opinion, because of the nature of the prequels troopers being animated, and secondly so much of canon coming from The Clone Wars animated series. The best point of reference for blasters from that era is either Disney live action, especially the stuff Filoni has a hand in. Or second is Battlefront I&II because someone over their took effort to try to make real parts versions of some of those blasters.
My two best examples are the Westar-35 which went from looking like this in TCW
2C5D105D-55F8-4A97-BF35-6D4C44D140DA.png

To looking like this in the Mandalorian
8308D5FF-BCA3-4179-BD19-C99C429B95C4.jpeg

And the DC-17 in TCW
7C873148-1DE7-4C39-A68F-7328D50CE233.jpeg

And in Battlefront II
DB0A5548-2F6B-4C09-A6C4-74CFE8C020EA.jpeg

Both huge improvements in my book. I’d scratch build off of those models as reference.

EDIT:
I haven’t even posted this reply and I check wookiepedia, and apparently DC-15A carbine shows up in both Kenobi and Boba Fett flashback scenes, if decent screen grabs of those attainable I’d use those. I’m on my phone but imma look.

A long rifle is seen in behind-the-scenes images from Revenge of the Sith. I dunno about the short rifle.

There is a very detailed full-size ROTS clone statue from 2004 that carries a short rifle, but I think it is a promotional statue: not a prop.

The clones in the flashbacks in the recent OWK series were performers in armour, and they carry physical props: long and short rifles. The armour is slightly different from the movies.

There were also clones in a flashback in BOBF, with same armour as OWK, but I haven't seen any confirmation that those would have been live-action. There is this shot from BOBF though ... The helmet here looks CGI to me because the holes between the teeth in the helmet are black "decals" like the CGI models in ROTS and the visor is not recessed into the helmet more than a mm. Like the armour, the rifle here might differ a bit from ROTS.
clonehelm.jpg

There's a story that the long rifle had been designed from putting together parts of weapons for action figures. The back end was the back end of a DLT-19 (German MG-34), and the long barrel was an E-11 (Sterling) but in a larger scale and upside-down.

Then the short carbine would have been designed by shortening the long rifle. I think the barrel is smaller in diameter than the long rifle's.
The grip is the same but the trigger guard is more rounded. The trigger looks like a two-scalloped trigger like the MG-34 and the long rifle but the CGI troopers in ROTS pull it in the middle...

Last edited:
Great Picture--Thats the one

I'm really surprised at the lack of info there is with this Blaster. Looks like I chose the least popular :lol: Everyone goes for the Pistols or the large Rifles, or so it would seem.

I may end up getting a kit then. There are a few good-looking ones with moving stocks and appear they can be easily modified if need be. When I built my E11, there were plenty of small parts available as well as real parts from Apex. I mostly made mine from scratch if you followed my build log, but I did use fill in the blank parts like a real handle as well as a couple of resin parts made by some 501 troopers. The last couple like the F11 and this DC don't have any true part runs other than complete 3D or resin kits. I'm not going to chase my whale trying to scratch build something that may suffer in appearance just to do it. There are plenty left for me to scratch build :cool:

I'll keep this updated after some more digging and research. You guys have been terrific as always-Thank you

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back