Cleaning and drying silicone molds?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pandabarnes

I'm guessing washing them with soapy water wasn't wise - they still stink of polyester resin, and they're still wet days later despite my laying them out on newspaper and doing my best to dry them out.

I now have new resin and I'm keen to get cracking, but from what I've read moisture is a no-no, so just wondered if anyone has tips for getting em dry?

And how to clean them next time? Or do I just demold and not worry?

Thanks.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

robn1

Master Member
You should avoid using harsh cleaners that can dry out the rubber. I use water and liquid hand soap, rub with my fingers and rinse. Then I dry with a blast from my air compressor. In my shop (no running water) I use baby wipes if it's not too dirty.

pandabarnes

Cool, thanks robn1, I have a small compressor so I've given them a blast with that and I'm ready to go!

Lets hope the casting goes OK! lol.