Classic Predator Hand Sculpts - Pulling Has Begun

Great-looking sculpt! With those latest pictures, I wouldn't have thought you had any worries about sculpting hands unless I read the first post. Eager to see how it all pans out.

Thanks, Blade. Most appreciated!

Yeah, my mind has some loose wires or something. In MY MIND, I thought hands would be easier than a head and an easy way to get into sculpting (First sculpt). Ooops. I couldn't tell you how many people have said, "Dude. You're insane. Hands are the hardest!" My bad, lol. At any rate, that's my excuse for these taking so damn long. Oh, that and the OCD, B)

I HIGHLY recommend doing hand sculpts in unison. This back and forth crap is killing me because every time I finish a set of details, I get a "new idea" that will make them look better. At any rate, the new plan is to get both hands worked out form-wise and then detail them both at the same time, to avert the OCD detail tendency and finally wrap them up. I am more than happy with the right hand forms at this point and just need to wrap up the left hand revisions, to match the right.

I have also decided to start over on the wrist texture and have it match the back of the hands in the earlier pics. It looks cool, but frankly, it's not even close to accurate, so I'll save that concept for a later custom pair of hands. Already chomping on a few ideas for hands (Gloves, mainly) that would match Steve Wang's new Stalker bio. I also plan on working that texture up the fingers better, to more closely match. Personally, I just think my finger texture was too much and needs to be softened.

Hands hardest?

thats the biggest load of ******** i have heard in many moons, lol.

Get onto a head Brad, then revisit the people who said that. B)

Oh, Lee, I could make a molar harder than a head, given enough time, coffee, and worry B)

Finished matching up finger lengths, shapes and major crease lines. Tomorrow I wrap up the replacing the glove I tore off and hopefully (Fingers crossed) begin final detailing.

th_20110810b-P1RH-HandComparison1.jpg

You're logic is flawed Brad :)

If you are ocd over hands, get the men in white coats ready for you when you start a head. :D

now stop arsing around and finish the hands doooooooooooooood

Quick update: spent today hammering out details on palm side, glove, and reworked the wrist. Need to add the stitching and do the final leather soften and the left hand is finished...

th_20110821a-P1LH-Texture1.jpg

Yeah, you know how I said the left hand was finished? Well, after I finished the right hand, garsh darn wouldn't you know it, the right looked better than the left. Sooooo, I went back and did another round of detail on the left. At this point I'm calling them both finished because, frankly, I'm sick of working on them and there really needs to be a cut-off point. At any rate, here are the final sculpts. Molding to begin tomorrow.

th_20110902-P1LH-Final.jpg th_20110902-P1RH-Final.jpg th_20110902-P1RH-FinalDetailBack.jpg th_20110902-P1RH-FinalDetailPalm.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back